FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By zoliky
Hello, I moved my sundews indoors about a week ago. I only have two species for now, tokaiensis and spatulata. The tokaiensis is doing fine, but the spatulata from Fraser Island is struggling. I have both of them potted in 100% LFS and the medium is kept moist all the time. Is it okay for the spatulata to have difficulties to adapt even after a week passed? I use three 6500K led tubes that produce about 1000+ lumens per square foot (somewhere between 10.000-15.000 lux). Is it too dim for the spatulata? I noticed the sundews turned red after I moved them under artificial lights, should I be worried or just let the plants alone a few more weeks to adapt? I don't understand why the tokaiensis is doing fine, though. Air circulation is not the best indoors, but I let the window open for about 3-4 hours per day.
c.jpg
c.jpg (81.17 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
Here is the tokensis doing fine:
tokaiensis.jpg
tokaiensis.jpg (98.91 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
And the spatulata is without dews:
spatulata.jpg
spatulata.jpg (106.65 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
By Aozora
I keep mine indoors at around 3000 lux and 6500k, and have no problems at all.
Im sure that they just have to get used to their new environment.
Aozora liked this
By Earthy
that's what my Venusta looked like. it was from too harsh of light (it was outside and got some full sun and warmer temps that day). it lost all it dew, and turned blood red. after a few weeks indoors it is now putting out normal leaves with dew. not as red, but I'm happy it didn't die lol...
Earthy liked this
By zoliky
Thank your for your suggestions guys. It may be shock or the lights are too close to the plants. I keep 2 inches distance between the lights and the plants. LED doesn't heat up, but I remember strange things happening last year when I lowered the lights. My plants slowed down completely, but meanwhile spring came and I moved them outdoors to recover.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!