FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Leathal_Traps
I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread for all plants hollyhock has given away. If you obtained a plant or seeds from hollyhock, feel free to post them here! I'll start off:

I received a nepenthes maxima from hollyhock about 6 months ago. Due to a delay in the mail, the plant was left in my mailbox for 9 days since I had to leave on a trip. The plant looked like this when it arrived:

And now it looks like this:

With my bright leds the plant is turning from bright green to red! I'll keep you guys updated on it's progress!
By Smooter80
Good idea for a thread. Here are a few that I really like.

The Ceph because it was my first one.
The D. brevifolia for the color.
The D sp Floating because it grows fast and has dew in low humidity.
Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (717.65 KiB) Viewed 5281 times
Smooter80 liked this
By KategoricalKarnivore
I've gotten some d sessilifolia seeds from hollyhock that I plan on sowing in a few days from a free giveaway. I've also gotten great information and guidance from her as well. Thanks a million.
By boarderlib
Some D. Burmannii seeds I received from hollyhock. The D. Finlaysoniana seeds germinated, but it's very hard to get a pic of them in LFSM since they are still pretty small.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
boarderlib liked this
By Smooter80
hollyhock wrote:Thank you for acknowledging that I am a bona fide plant pusher.... :lol:
Hollyhock is responsible for at least half of my collection. She is like a drug dealer. A free plant here and there. She gives you a some free seeds. "Just try one Nep, it won't hurt you."

Then BAM!!!! You are hooked and you are the crazy plant guy/girl.

This is a true story. Just say no to CPs. One plant is all it takes to become addicted for life.
By hollyhock
Smooter80 wrote:
hollyhock wrote:Thank you for acknowledging that I am a bona fide plant pusher.... :lol:
Hollyhock is responsible for at least half of my collection. She is like a drug dealer. A free plant here and there. She gives you a some free seeds. "Just try one Nep, it won't hurt you."

Hello my name is Hollyhock and I am a
Plant- a - holic.... :lol:

Then BAM!!!! You are hooked and you are the crazy plant guy/girl.

This is a true story. Just say no to CPs. One plant is all it takes to become addicted for life.
I approve this message...
hollyhock liked this
By Earthy
here's my Cephs I received from her lol...
Earthy liked this
By Shadowtski
I prefer to think of you as a "Dealer"
Here is your theme song, pardon the gender error. Remember this one, old Steppenwolf from our misspent youth?

Waning: Lyrics NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqyGoE2Q4Y
Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this
By Fishman
Im going to have to say "plant pusher" for real here!
I currently grow 23 different kinds of Drosera, but the one that i have always adored,and keep coming back to is the good old Capensis. Probably because it reminds me of when i first began this (what i like to call OCD hobby) wonderful introduction to this world full of lovely carnivorous plants. One thing ive always wanted was a Capensis 'Giant'. Ive never really taken the time to seek one for myself. Last week i decided to put one on my wishlist on my signature just to see if i'd get a hit. Guess who is pm'g me right away practically? Hollyhock lol. Thats not all. She had also answered a post that i made where i was looking for a new d. Adelae since my dog totally devoured the one ive had for 2 years. She told me she had one she would send me so i said sure. She told me she knows an individual who has a Capensis Giant and that she went ahead and prepaid for it for me and this individual directly shipped it to my house for her and they wrote on the shipping box : "to Anthony in C/O Hollyhock" hahah How cool is that?... well i PayPal'd her the money for that plant that same evening, or maybe it was the next, i cannot recall, and repaid her. She really trusted that i was going to also buy the Adelae (which i did too) and that was just way too cool. Noone performs gestures like that in this day and age so that was super nice. Now i also have a d.Adelae that is in transit as i type this, along with seeds to another plant that i inquired about, and something else that she says is accompanying the rest of my order from her. All i can say is WOW, Hollyhock, you ARE the plant pusher with connections indeed. It takes an awesome person who is truly passionate about this hobby to do what you do! I believe this forum is lucky to have you in its presence. Big thanks to you for helping this old man out!! (Heres the Cape giant pic, already ALMOST the same dang size as my typical adult varieties lol) and ill post the others when they get here :)
Attachments:
20161003_142345.jpg
20161003_142345.jpg (372.38 KiB) Viewed 5142 times
Fishman liked this
By hollyhock
Maybe I can make a career out of it. Find people the plants on their wish list for a finder's fee... :lol:
I wish... that would be a dream job. :D
Fishman and everyone thanks for your very kind words.. I just like helping people whenever I can...
hollyhock liked this
By Abeginner
I've received MY first ceph along with a heliamphora heterodoxa x nutans, which stalled but is now growing again...numerous seeds, and a sarracenia.... baby cobras that were doing great but then died,..and she also give me my first nepenthes that I also killed by my lack of knowledge, now I have maybe 9 haha thanks... ImageImage

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk
Abeginner liked this
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!