FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Aozora
at the moment once someone has posted something new in ''for example'' the Tropical Pitcher Plants section, the sheet in front of the section turns dark, letting you know that there are unread new posts.

but the way the systems works right now is a little confusing, for example there might be topics in a certain section in which im not interested at all, but unless i read all of the new posts in all those topics i wont get to know if there are actually new posts in the topic that i do want to follow.

so my suggestion is a ''Read all'' button, so if you have gone through all the topics that you wanted to catch up on, but there still are some that youre not interested in, you can just click the ''Read all'' button so that the dark sheet in front of the section turns into ''No unread posts'' and the next time the sheet becomes dark again you know that there are actually new posts instead of some still unwanted ''Unread posts''.

i apologize if my english is bad, but i hope that you understand what im trying to explain.

also if there is already such an option, just pretend i never wrote this topic :?
Last edited by Aozora on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Grey
Hey there! I've had a look around for these options and here's what I've come up with...

If you click on the "Options" menu in the forum category that you want to apply this feature to, you'll get a little drop-down list that should give you the option to "Mark topics read". This'll do what you're after.
new-layout-mfr.jpg
new-layout-mfr.jpg (29.25 KiB) Viewed 2932 times
Up until now I've been using the old Flytrapcare.com forum layout, which has these options immediately visible. There is "Mark forums read" at the top right of the main forums page (the one that lists all of the categories); this means that you can mark everything in the forum as having been read.
old-layout-mfr2.jpg
old-layout-mfr2.jpg (11.1 KiB) Viewed 2932 times
The second option is in a specific category and is called "Mark topics read", which marks everything in a specific category as having been read, as you asked.
old-layout-mfr1.jpg
old-layout-mfr1.jpg (8.17 KiB) Viewed 2932 times
Hopefully this'll sort the situation out for you. :-) If you have any problems with it or any questions please let me know!
Grey liked this
By Aozora
thanks this is exactly what i have been looking for, the option was just hidden rather well :p.
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!