Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US
User Avatar
Shadowtski
Super User
 
Posts: 3718
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:19 am
Thanked: 1234 times in 833 posts

Re: Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by Shadowtski » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:15 pm

Thank you Nauz!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM sent.


Good growing,
Mike

User Avatar
Nauz

 
Posts: 727
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:39 am
Thanked: 100 times in 84 posts

Re: Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by Nauz » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:15 pm

Tannerm thanks for entering, I might put a plant up for sale soon but it will be a typical. Unfortunately nothing able to giveaway just yet but I'll put another one up when it becomes available.

User Avatar
ironjaws

 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:28 am
Location: san jose(zone 8b), California
Thanked: 150 times in 128 posts

Re: Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by ironjaws » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:25 am

Congratulations Shadowtski!

And thanks for the awesome giveaway Nauz! Super generous of ya'!

User Avatar
Shadowtski
Super User
 
Posts: 3718
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:19 am
Thanked: 1234 times in 833 posts

Re: Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by Shadowtski » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:06 pm

Plant arrived today in good condition. Wonderful packing job!

Couple of quick questions: I want to minimize acclimation shock.

Medium looks like 100% coarse silica sand or aquarium substrate, is it?
Do you top water or tray water?
How often do you MaxSea feed? (1/4 tsp /gallon?)
What sort of light is it used to?

Thanks for the giveaway!
Good growing,
Mike

User Avatar
HeliamphoraWalnut

 
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:10 am
Location: Plano, TX
Thanked: 294 times in 244 posts

Re: Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by HeliamphoraWalnut » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:50 am

Although this isn't my plant I grow a lot of cephs, and I fertilize them about once or twice a month
[Your Ad Here]
My growlist https://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/heliamphorawalnut-s-growlist-updated-10-20-18-t40444.html
Follow me on Instagram @planocarnivorousplants

User Avatar
Nauz

 
Posts: 727
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:39 am
Thanked: 100 times in 84 posts

Re: Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by Nauz » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:52 am

Shadowtski wrote:Plant arrived today in good condition. Wonderful packing job!

Couple of quick questions: I want to minimize acclimation shock.

Medium looks like 100% coarse silica sand or aquarium substrate, is it?
Do you top water or tray water?
How often do you MaxSea feed? (1/4 tsp /gallon?)
What sort of light is it used to?

Thanks for the giveaway!
Good growing,
Mike


Thank you, medium is 1:1 peat/silica sand (med grade) dressing is coarse silica sand ontop. I top water maybe 1 time a month to clean plant. I have a bucket I fill water up with to the same level as the top dressing and let sit for 5-10mins then place back into its tray where I keep water at 1/4 the size of the pot. I am still experimenting with maxsea so I can't for sure say what I'm using is good yet.

Chris

Ps sent this in a PM not sure if you got it since you posted in here mike.

User Avatar
Shadowtski
Super User
 
Posts: 3718
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:19 am
Thanked: 1234 times in 833 posts

Update on Nauz's Cephalotus Giveaway

by Shadowtski » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Here's an update on this giveaway. It's been about a month and a half.

I won this Cephalotus and my plant arrived on July 28th.

I put it outside in a sheltered location. It got bright light, but not much direct sunlight. It is growing nicely. It seems to like my growing conditions.

Here are a couple pictures I took today. Sorry about the mediocre quality.

New growth is healthy and each new pitcher is larger than the previous one/

Notice how wide the frontal ridge is on the latest pitcher.

Thanks again to Nauz for a great giveaway!


Good growing,
Mike

Image


Image

User Avatar
Nauz

 
Posts: 727
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:39 am
Thanked: 100 times in 84 posts

Re: Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by Nauz » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:55 pm

Shadowtski wrote:Here's an update on this giveaway. It's been about a month and a half.

I won this Cephalotus and my plant arrived on July 28th.

I put it outside in a sheltered location. It got bright light, but not much direct sunlight. It is growing nicely. It seems to like my growing conditions.

Here are a couple pictures I took today. Sorry about the mediocre quality.

New growth is healthy and each new pitcher is larger than the previous one/

Notice how wide the frontal ridge is on the latest pitcher.

Thanks again to Nauz for a great giveaway!


Good growing,
Mike

Image


Image


Can't wait for that new pitcher to inflate. Other then that the plant looks really healthy. I've got a hummers giant outside on patio that gets about 6 hours of direct sunlight and doesn't grow that fast.

User Avatar
HeliamphoraWalnut

 
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:10 am
Location: Plano, TX
Thanked: 294 times in 244 posts

Re: Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by HeliamphoraWalnut » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:12 pm

Looks like a mature pitcher!
[Your Ad Here]
My growlist https://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/heliamphorawalnut-s-growlist-updated-10-20-18-t40444.html
Follow me on Instagram @planocarnivorousplants

User Avatar
greenthumwithkid

 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:14 pm
Thanked: 1 time in 1 post

Re: Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by greenthumwithkid » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:52 pm

This would be wonderful if you pay forward this way?i really would want to grow one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Avatar
Shadowtski
Super User
 
Posts: 3718
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:19 am
Thanked: 1234 times in 833 posts

Re: Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by Shadowtski » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:27 pm

greenthumwithkid wrote:This would be wonderful if you pay forward this way?i really would want to grow one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


When my Ceph from Nauz is big enough, I will definitely propagate it from a cutting and run my own Cephalotus giveaway. For now, I'm paying it forward by sponsoring seed giveaways. Currently, I have a Drosera capensis "Wide Leaf" free seed giveaway going on. Next week I will be starting a Drosera intermedia free seed giveaway.

Good growing,
Mike

User Avatar
Nauz

 
Posts: 727
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:39 am
Thanked: 100 times in 84 posts

Cephalotus Giveaway (CLOSED)

by Nauz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:49 am

I might have a coal mine beach cephalotus giveaway coming up soon so keep your eyes out and it will follow same rules as this giveaway.

Previous

Return to Sales, Trades & Wants USA

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests