FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Smooter80
mmlucio wrote:I have received mine
You mailed your payment so I sent yours a couple of days later. Somehow yours made it but the 4-5 that I mailed together on a different day are still out there somewhere. I meant to send you those D. Capensis seeds as extras. The albas in the white paper look like Holyhock's writing.

I'm glad at least you have received your seeds. Thanks for letting me know.
By mmlucio
Ok so these are all supposed to be mine? I just wanted to make sure you didn't accidentally send me someone elses. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Smooter80
mmlucio wrote:Ok so these are all supposed to be mine? I just wanted to make sure you didn't accidentally send me someone elses. Thanks
Yes, they are all for you. You should be able to grow a capensis forest with those seeds. I started with one Alba and now they seem to pop up everywhere.
By w03
Hey guys, just a heads-up:
I was just looking up info since I have D. pauciflora seeds, and it seems that the seed of winter-growing species does not germinate reliably under normal conditions, since the plants normally undergo a summer dormancy where there's often fires.

From what I've found people have done two things to germinate these reliably - the first is hot stratification where you keep the seeds in the packet and bake them in the hot sun on a windowsill or such for several months. The second is smoke / ash treatment. There were some mentions that the cool growing season has to be long enough when the seedlings come up as well, or they'll go into dormancy.

Introduction: In today's modern society, individua[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!