FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Smooter80
I'm fairly new to this plant but I love it. It's one of the few CPs that actually likes my local climate. This is one of my seedling still under LEDs but it's ready to go outside. It caught something it likes and has really made a giant drop of dew.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (404.29 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (363.75 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
Smooter80, Smooter80 liked this
By davidbondy17
Wow where did you get your hands on Drosephyllm seeds or did you get it as a seedling (sorry if I've spelled the Latin wrong I'm not awfully familiar with dewy pines).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
By Smooter80
davidbondy17 wrote:Wow where did you get your hands on Drosephyllm seeds or did you get it as a seedling (sorry if I've spelled the Latin wrong I'm not awfully familiar with dewy pines).
I grew it from seed from Petar Kostov in Bulgaria. They take a little work to germinate but it's not difficult. I have some more seeds on my trade list. If I can grow them, most anyone can.
By davidbondy17
Smooter80 wrote:
davidbondy17 wrote:Wow where did you get your hands on Drosephyllm seeds or did you get it as a seedling (sorry if I've spelled the Latin wrong I'm not awfully familiar with dewy pines).
I grew it from seed from Petar Kostov in Bulgaria. They take a little work to germinate but it's not difficult. I have some more seeds on my trade list. If I can grow them, most anyone can.
Thanks. I've never grown a dewy pines seed and the advice means alot.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
By Smooter80
davidbondy17 wrote:
Smooter80 wrote:
Thanks. I've never grown a dewy pines seed and the advice means alot.

If you get some seeds pm me and I'll tell you what worked for me. I was just talking with someone today about how I germinate and transplant the seedlings. I just now moved one of my babies that was hitting the lights outside. Luckily they are LEDs and don't really get hot.

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!