FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By Shadowtski
I wish there was a book available entitled "Layman's Guide to Drosera Identification" with glossy photos and circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back explaining what each one was. I'd certainly buy it.

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this
By hollyhock
Thanks Lethal _traps. It doesn't look anything like my other Drosera natalensis. So maybe it's D dielsiana.. But are they the same? I didn't ever plant any D.dielsiana. I love sundews but they drive me crazy. The reason I am trying to identify it is because it's flowering. I guess it will be another NOID... :lol: I have a few of that species.
By boarderlib
T5 lighting? Judging from the size and leaf shape, it could be a Dielsiana. I have one from California Carnivores, but my coloring is different because it's grown outside.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
boarderlib liked this
By hollyhock
Probably D.natalensis. because I did plant lots of seeds of that species. The color in the photo isn't even close to what it really looks like. It is a pink like raspberry color, and it is growing outside in the greenhouse. That's why I am confused because the other
D. natalensis in the labeled pot are green.
Thank everyone.. :D
By Leathal_Traps
hollyhock wrote:Probably D.natalensis. because I did plant lots of seeds of that species. The color in the photo isn't even close to what it really looks like. It is a pink like raspberry color, and it is growing outside in the greenhouse. That's why I am confused because the other
D. natalensis in the labeled pot are green.
Thank everyone.. :D
No thanks for me :( Jk lol

Mine turned that color when I moved it under my brighter t5. It wasn't the plant actually turning red from bright light, but it was a temporary red in response to the stress I guess.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!