FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By BrunoL
Hey guys,

My Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionasii is about a week from opening its flower. The stigma will only be receptive for a short amount of time so I must secure some pollen soon. Does anybody have any pollen? I will split 50-50 seeds if so... :)

Regards,
Bruno
By nimbulan
I just secured some pollen for my own Heli yesterday, and it's coming from the same cross as yours. I just have an H. minor and it's probably about as far away from opening flowers as yours is. I wouldn't be able to get you any pollen in time for the first flower but perhaps the second?
nimbulan liked this
By BrunoL
nimbulan wrote:I just secured some pollen for my own Heli yesterday, and it's coming from the same cross as yours. I just have an H. minor and it's probably about as far away from opening flowers as yours is. I wouldn't be able to get you any pollen in time for the first flower but perhaps the second?
Sure, sounds good! Pm incoming
By nimbulan
Yep that's me. I'm working on my second flower now with a third on the way. I failed to obtain pollen from my first flower and ordered a tuning fork which should hopefully arrive before the anthers on the second flower ripen. I was going to try to send some pollen to Bruno but I haven't been able to obtain any yet.
By Nancy
I have Bruno covered so no worries there ;)
You can always remove the anthers by tugging them off of the filaments, let them air dry for a day then store them in a closed jar in the refrig until your tuning fork arrives.

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!