FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By w03
Unfortunately, the shipment has been delayed, there was a problem with payment authorization (which has been resolved) and then a heat wave at the nursery. Kamil says the package is going out around September 1.

Basically the two payments is because one payment is for plants and shipping of the package from BCP to me. I still need to ship the plants out to everyone else separately, so that's where the other cost from. I made it separate since I wasn't sure what shipping method people would want, and people have different amounts of plants so it would be hard to calculate until they're actually here.
w03 liked this
By sbrooks
Thanks for he update.
As far as the delay goes, I remember with the last group order I was involved in, the phytosanitary certificate had expired by the time the plants reached the USDA, but the inspector let it slide because of the amount of communication she had already with the person placing the order.
Just something to keep in mind, you might want to check with Kamil and make sure the phyto is as fresh as his plants. :D

As far as shipping from you to us, I don't think there is any means cheaper or faster than USPS Priority Mail. The'll even pick up from your house if you schedule it. Priority Mail Express might save a day, but in many cases it doesn't.
By Abeginner
w03 wrote:Hey guys!
The package has shipped -and if the tracking info is correct, it's already arrived here in the US. Now it just depends on how long USDA takes to inspect it.
I'm super excited ... thanks for the update... I'm ready for them!!

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk
By w03
Well it seems by some black magic the package arrived already. It shipped out on the 30th, so the transit time was only 4 days!

I guess this'll be a note for anyone doing group orders in the future - use EMS!

I'll be packing and shipping over the weekend. Let me know what shipping service you want by email, PM, etc. Haven't opened the package yet but I can't imagine that there's any severe damage considering we got special polystyrene packing and the transit time was so short.
By zsyxcbibi
What?! They arrived? That's fast! Sorry , w03, I was busy last a few days, I have not sent the payment to you yet. Can you add in the shipping cost for me? So I can pay you the total amount. I will just use normal USPS priority mail.
By w03
Don't worry about it, I'll compute the cost for you over the weekend. All the plants so far look amazing, not a single dead or even bad shape one.

Kamil must have heard about the portion sizes in the US, since he sent out some gigantic plants! I ordered a portion of D. communis that said "1+ plants" and got about 8 or so.

Also there's enough helis here to make a whole tepui, so I'm going to be uploading photos of them soon. :p Right now I'm unwrapping the tissue paper from the crowns of everyone's plants so they don't rot.
w03 liked this
By w03
Oh yeah just as a PSA get a LOT of pots while you still can. Some of these helis have pitchers longer than my hand, and a lot of the "1+ plants per portion" were actually 5 or 6 (e.g. there's a ton of P. calderoniae).
By zsyxcbibi
Oh, man! You are killing me... How am I supposed to work this afternoon?! With all the plants images running in my head [DIZZY FACE] Please send me a PM once you have my total, I will pay you right away. Thanks w03!
By Benurmanii
w03 wrote:Oh yeah just as a PSA get a LOT of pots while you still can. Some of these helis have pitchers longer than my hand, and a lot of the "1+ plants per portion" were actually 5 or 6 (e.g. there's a ton of P. calderoniae).

Hehehehe calderoniae.

Uh oh, better start maximizing my space under my lights :shock:
By w03
By the way, some of the plants arrived with somewhat unequal portions.
In this case, if one person bought the plant and the other got it as bonus, I will give the bigger one to the person who bought it.
If they both bought or both got it as bonus, I will use a random number generator to decide.
By Benurmanii
w03 wrote:By the way, some of the plants arrived with somewhat unequal portions.
In this case, if one person bought the plant and the other got it as bonus, I will give the bigger one to the person who bought it.
If they both bought or both got it as bonus, I will use a random number generator to decide.
I am indifferent on how big my portions are, though I think this is a good rule for money and fairness's sake. I need the room anyways. :lol:
By Deftinwolf
Gimme a price on shipping and I'll get it to ya ASAP. Want them to get here pretty fast.
By dr_donut
Deftinwolf wrote:Gimme a price on shipping and I'll get it to ya ASAP. Want them to get here pretty fast.
Same here, but I'll do Priority Mail.
FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!