FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Misstiffty
I grow my sensitive plant on my back porch (from seed gifted to me) in California (zone 9b). It's thriving in regular potting soil with hose water. My friends always play with it when they come over. It's popular with non-growers too.
By Beaver746
Hey guys! So I will defiantly be doing a giveaway here soon ( month or so) I just want them to get a little bigger! So I will be giving away 5 of my sensitive plants to the winners (You pay shipping), then I will sell the rest of my plants (5 or so) to anyone else that wants them for $4 + shipping.

Here is a updated picture of one of the plants! (This guy is probably the average size there is one that is a lot bigger!) Image

Thanks for the interest!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By Fishman
LibbyHillBrewer wrote:
tommy5 wrote:I wish they grew in America
I've seen them growing wild in Texas. Not many mind you; but they're here.
Ive seen many Mimosa in the wild here in Texas, but theyre all of the silk tree or silky acacia, what i believe to be an invasive species, and are not of the "sensitive plant" variety. The Mimosa Pudica is definitely from another geographical location.i dont know how many types of Mimosa there are but there are more than a handful for sure.
By Fishman
Fishman wrote:
LibbyHillBrewer wrote:
tommy5 wrote:I wish they grew in America
I've seen them growing wild in Texas. Not many mind you; but they're here.
Ive seen many Mimosa in the wild here in Texas, but theyre all of the silk tree or silky acacia, what i believe to be an invasive species, and are not of the "sensitive plant" variety. The Mimosa Pudica is definitely from another geographical location.i dont know how many types of Mimosa there are but there are more than a handful for sure.
Well nevermind, actually i just read on Wiki that there are some Mimosa Pudica growing wild in Texas. I sure would like to know where to see them (must be Southeast) because all we have in these parts are mesquite, elm, and oak trees lol...
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!