FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By linton
I've been using "focus on foliage" on my Neps for a little while now. The results have been very encouraging. John has seen first hand the increase in pitcher size of my N. ventricosa x carunculata 'robusta' .
Originally this plant was consistently producing pitchers of nearly 4.1/2" high, now 7" high is the norm and close to 4" across the peristome. The plant has not been moved or repotted and it's grwing conditions have not been changed.
Interestingly, there was no gradual increase in pitcher size, the change was very abrupt and pleasantly unexpected.
linton liked this
By Swizz
snapperhead51 wrote:Hi peeps , ok this is for any serious nep, heli ping growers out there , I have seen and read a lot about what people are using for fertiliser on there plants even orchids , if your serious and want the best for your plants what ever they are , except cephs , sarras and VFT's and sundews , you need to get a fert with out urea in it , its not good for your plants at all !! you can read and hear all you want that the fert makes spin you with there chem annaliss and beifits , I am telling you all !! if your fert has urea in it dump it now ! and get one that have zero urea content , and you WILL notice the differnce !! if you dont belive me just try for your self, it will and can not hurt your plant like the crap with urae in it !!
that's my say !! suit your self s what you do , but I now only use Focus fert products and will not be using any thing else !! i do not get paid or get any fee bees or any thing else for saying this ok , Its just the real deal !!and will help you growing abilities by a long way !!
J

Where can I buys this orchid focus is Australia, seems like no Australian products have a urea free orchid fertiliser. I need it for my nepenthes collection. I have seen a lot on ebay US, UK. with decent postage cost but guessing there will need to be a permit needed to import fertilisers overseas into New South Wales? Is this true.
By scout
How often do you use Miracid fertilizer on Venus flytrap and how much to put on the venus flytrap to make it red looking to attract flies please help
Repotting carnivorous plants

Looks OK to me. Where did you get you Cobra Lily? […]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!