FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By w03
Hey everyone, sorry for being quiet the last few days. Just got back from a research conference.

The order has been confirmed by Kamil, no other plants are missing so everything is set to go. I'll be sending in the payment tomorrow, and emailing / PM'ing everyone their amount.

The total value of express shipping was actually $79, so if people are ok splitting this up among us 10 then we're pretty much set. Otherwise I can ask Kamil to change the shipping type. Most of the order is my wholesale stuff, so the portion that's actually being split up among the remaining people is about $40. (Comes out to between $2 and $6 or so per person).
w03 liked this
By Benurmanii
I'm good with express shipping (though I'm really leanin' in on that live guarantee since I'm ordering a lot of plants too). 2 to 6 bucks a person is practically nothing! It's less than regular shipping within the U.S. Thanks for being willing to pay for most of the shipping. Since I am getting a lot of plants too, I won't mind paying a bit extra. :D
By zsyxcbibi
Yay, so glad to see this rolling! 2 more weeks for me to get back to the states. Can't wait to get my plants! Thanks w03!

通过我的 ONEPLUS A3000 上的 Tapatalk发言
By boarderlib
I completely agree with Benurmanii. That's a drop in the bucket! Depending on where you live that's only a couple gallons of gas. I know I can spare that without a doubt.

Thanks again w03!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By w03
I found out that apparently they won't do live guarantee outside EU for any reason, but special packing + express is still better. Also the cost splitting is just by # of plants - since i'm ordering a lot of plants (got some of BCP's wholesale helis) it's only fair that I pay most.

There's some credit card stuff we can work out but the payment should go in today, dunno if Kamil will respond though since it's the weekend. Our plants are reserved for 2 weeks so it should be fine anyway.

By the way, if you're paying by paypal make sure that you add the 2.71% fee that paypal charges. Basically this is the payment amount / 0.971. You can also use the "give money to friends or family" option and it'll add it in for you, but I've heard that people can get some pretty hefty penalties for this if in the unlikely case that Paypal finds out it is being used for business (and I guess this would technically count).
w03 liked this
By Abeginner
Thank you w03 for doing this order.. excited to see everything is moving along!

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk
By w03
Hey, sorry for the delays. The charge is pretty big and would go over the spend limit of my credit cards so I've just been working out a solution w/ my parents. We did find one and will be sending off the payment tomorrow morning. It shouldn't really affect any of you in terms of the payment process.

Thanks for your patience everyone! :)
w03 liked this
By sbrooks
? :( ?.........
By w03
Hello everyone!
I'm SO sorry for being silent this past week, it's been really chaotic since I got an ear problem and then my insurance assigned me the wrong doctor... plus all the stuff for moving back to college this weekend.

I sent out the payment a while ago and got confirmation back, BCP will be shipping the plants this week. I have also sent out all the payments. If you have not gotten an email but already sent me your address, please let me know. I sent payment info by PM to everyone I didn't have an address for.

A few notes on these -

I miscalculated the shipping price on earlier estimates since I was working in EUR and forgot that some plants come in bundles of 3 or more. It increased a bit, but for most people is still between $1-8. The highest was about $12, and it was for someone who ordered a lot of plants (you know who you are :p).

Also, right before the order was finalized, someone who was going to order CITES plants actually decided to not join - but fortunately this year the export permit was combined into phyto, so the amount is relatively the same (I put it up by $0.50, so each person's share is $12.50).

Again sorry for all that trouble. I'll let everyone know when the plants are in! If you want a copy of the order confirmation from Kamil I can send that too.
By w03
Oh - one other note!
On PayPal the receiver name will not be mine (William) since for a while my mom and I shared an account.

Also, once the plants actually get to me you will need to pay for shipping from me to you, but this of course depends on the number and type of shipping you want (I can do flat rate, first class, priority, etc as long as it's USPS). Just as a tip if you're ordering relatively durable plants like helis and live close to where I will be (Nashville, TN) then first class isn't really much slower than priority and costs way less.
By boarderlib
Oops. I guess I should've read before asking questions. Lol. Thanks again for doing this! I can't wait for a weekend of potting plants.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By zsyxcbibi
So we send payment twice? One for the plant, one for the shipping? I came back from vacation already, so w03, no need to help holding the plants for me anymore :) Should we start sending payment now? What's the shipping status from BCP? Thanks w03!
Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

Drosera germination time

Hello everyone - I recently got some D. burmanni[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!