FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By DTDream18
I read somewhere that Pinnacle was the new king of the giant Venus Flytraps ? Has anyone got any experience with this cultivar ?

How does it compare to B52, Ginormous, DCXL etc ?
By Matt
I've grown it. I actually had it in tissue culture and propagated quite a few of them. It's a nice flytrap when healthy. It didn't get as big as B-52, Ginormous or DC XL for us though. And in general it didn't grow very well here in Oregon, so we chose not to carry it in the store.
By DTDream18
Speaking of Ginormous. I seem to recall sending you a Ginormous VFT in trade a few years ago Matt ? I expected to see the cultivar for sale in the Flytrapstore one day ? I'm kind of curious why it never was ?
By Smooter80
I've only had mine for about a month but they seem to be doing well in the low humidity and 106F of all last week. I like the big arched huge traps.

This is my biggest trap so far.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (196.68 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
By Matt
DTDream18 wrote:Speaking of Ginormous. I seem to recall sending you a Ginormous VFT in trade a few years ago Matt ? I expected to see the cultivar for sale in the Flytrapstore one day ? I'm kind of curious why it never was ?
I've not yet sent a Ginormous in trade. But I have received several! This year I finally got it in tissue culture. So far, for us, it seems to be very similar to B-52 in terms of growth habit and size. Ginormous is a very nice plant.
By Lex
Ive recently got a B-52 and quite excited for it to grow some nice sized traps :) so many gorgeous cultivars and so little space :(

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk
Is This What To Look For?

Thank you. So as long as I know where the names ca[…]

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!