FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By cdelavan
I was thinking of starting a bog pool next spring and was wondering what everyone's experience with Aldrovanda and aquatic bladderworts has been? Any advice on care would be greatly appreciated as this would be my first foray into aquatic CPs.
By TS 1989
I would recommend you to get Utricularia Gibba. Extremely easy and robust.
By nimbulan
My experience has been that even U. gibba will die if you don't set up an appropriate environment with companion plants and let it age for a couple weeks before adding carnivorous plants. Aldrovanda are apparently especially sensitive. Any type of cattail, rushes, or free-floating plants with roots that hang down into the water are good choices for companion plants.
By TS 1989
nimbulan wrote:My experience has been that even U. gibba will die if you don't set up an appropriate environment with companion plants and let it age for a couple weeks before adding carnivorous plants. Aldrovanda are apparently especially sensitive. Any type of cattail, rushes, or free-floating plants with roots that hang down into the water are good choices for companion plants.
My utricularia gibba is just in a cup of distilled water at the windowsill. Image
By Dewy the Sundew
I have a U.gibba which i bought from a friend. Its awesome, i cut a few strands of the main plant and place it in the saucers/trays of my other CPs to control mosquito larvae and now they are small clumps spreading through out the saucer/tray.

Sent from my LG-H650 using Tapatalk
Basal shoots cutting questions

Awesome thank you so much

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!