FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Orchidist
Hi guys! My name's Kevin and I am an avid orchid grower. Recently, I met Professor Rachel W. Martin, who sequenced the genome of the cape sundew and is also a carnivorous plant enthusiast, and talked a bit about cps. Long story short, I decided to retry them. I currently live inland of the Los Angeles area with a collection of over one hundred orchids, but I only have two carnivorous plants left over from my old collection. Just a little flytrap and a small unknown nepenthes that I think is pretty much dead now. Other than that, I don't have much to say.
By evenwind
Welcome!

I, too, had a collection of over 100 orchids growing on a light cart. I started to get a lot of fungus gnats and bought a ping and a sundew to get rid of them. And then a flytrap, as you do. Now the CPs are pushing the orchids off the sides of the cart... Beware! :mrgreen:
By Matt
Welcome to FlytrapCare, Kevin! There are quite a few other orchid growers here on the FlytrapCare forums too.

And that's really cool that you had the opportunity to meet Rachel W. Martin. What an neat experience!

Lyra requests Darlingtonia Californica. Please and[…]

Looks fine. I've had some VFTs that were barely si[…]

hello

What is it potted in?

Received

New species

I want to thank uxleumas for donating a pack of Da[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

0044 TracieH requests Sarr 019

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Shipping plants

This is my procedure for shipping plants: PLUGS: […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!