FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Orchidist
Hi guys! My name's Kevin and I am an avid orchid grower. Recently, I met Professor Rachel W. Martin, who sequenced the genome of the cape sundew and is also a carnivorous plant enthusiast, and talked a bit about cps. Long story short, I decided to retry them. I currently live inland of the Los Angeles area with a collection of over one hundred orchids, but I only have two carnivorous plants left over from my old collection. Just a little flytrap and a small unknown nepenthes that I think is pretty much dead now. Other than that, I don't have much to say.
By evenwind
Welcome!

I, too, had a collection of over 100 orchids growing on a light cart. I started to get a lot of fungus gnats and bought a ping and a sundew to get rid of them. And then a flytrap, as you do. Now the CPs are pushing the orchids off the sides of the cart... Beware! :mrgreen:
By Matt
Welcome to FlytrapCare, Kevin! There are quite a few other orchid growers here on the FlytrapCare forums too.

And that's really cool that you had the opportunity to meet Rachel W. Martin. What an neat experience!
Replant

I replanted my VFT in the spagnum moss. Is it enou[…]

Yay!!! Purple ambush is in the mail along with ARP[…]

People who think that reptilian creatures are tr[…]

Care for N. Northiana?

Peter D'Amato of The Savage Garden fame says to […]

Lightbulbs

When I get home later I will show you a very simpl[…]

Sent SASE today. I put a sticky note on inside lis[…]

Cephalotus growth rate

It isn't just the dosage of maxsea that makes me w[…]

Order received. Your order number is 0083. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!