FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By ReefPlant
I have just started a post on the terrarium section but felt that these pictures belong here until the tank is setup. Hope you enjoy, i'll have mroe soon!!!
Attachments:
Heliamphora het x nutans
Heliamphora het x nutans
DSC04858.JPG (220.44 KiB) Viewed 5946 times
Heliamphora tatei
Heliamphora tatei
DSC04856.JPG (286.6 KiB) Viewed 5946 times
By Veronis
Very nice. :) What kind of lighting do you use and what are your temperature ranges?
By twigs
Valydius wrote:Very nice. :) What kind of lighting do you use and what are your temperature ranges?
I 2nd this question :D
By hackerberry
Very nice Helis ReefPlant!
twigs wrote:
Valydius wrote:Very nice. :) What kind of lighting do you use and what are your temperature ranges?
Helis love high humidity and lots of lights. I use 2 T5s 6 inches away from them. The only problem with that is that T5s emit too much heat which helis doesn't like much. As long as you give them cool showers/sprays every night, they should be fine. Cool as in fridge water.

hb
By dionaea muscipula
awesome plant i also like those cephs in the back ground :D
By watnazn
Nice helis and red sphagnum. Whats growing in the container under the drift wood?
By ReefPlant
twigs wrote:
I have been using these LEDs i got a few months ago. I have been happy with the results so far. Th temp ranges from 76-78 F in the day and i cool it down to about 60-65 F with fans and cooler packs :D tedious but you get great results. I have been growing them with Masdevallia orchids and they love it. Not the light, the temp.

The container has Ceph. 'Giant' clones perculating in it. They should be ready by Dec. to repot. I want the let them season up. They hate getting moved :cry:

I'll be posting more soon~! Thanks everyone!
By petmantis
Very impressive specimens indeed! Careful with the live sphagnum though, if you let it grow too much, it may swallow up the helis ;)

I really need to trim my own H. minor sphagnum...it's overgrowing the pot at a height of 5 cm above the rim....you can barely see the heli inside, just the openings and nectar spoons :D
By ReefPlant
petmantis wrote:Very impressive specimens indeed! Careful with the live sphagnum though, if you let it grow too much, it may swallow up the helis ;)

I really need to trim my own H. minor sphagnum...it's overgrowing the pot at a height of 5 cm above the rim....you can barely see the heli inside, just the openings and nectar spoons :D
That has to look kinda funny, good looking out. i have been nervous about that happening with some of the Ceph pullings/plants i'll add Helis to the look-out list. Extra sphagnum should come in handy. Not having the best luck the with red sphagnum though. Hope my new terrarium improves all around growing conditions for everything.
Just added a H. pulchella chimanta to the group. Pics soon
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!