FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By maceinspace
Hey all,
as the title says, my Utricularia alpina leaves have been yellowing/browning at tips and I'm not sure why!
Since there isn't that much care information out there it's difficult to tell what I'm doing wrong so any suggestions are MUCH appreciated. :D
It is growing in a terrarium with RH at about +70% and I overhead water it every few days when I see the live sphagnum start to dry out. About a month ago I switched the lighting to a led fixture plus a one bulb t5ho fixture, this may have been when the yellowing first started to appear? I'm kind of suspecting it's sunburn but my U humboltii that's next to it isn't phased in the slightest. Possibly lack of nutrients from not fertilizing enough?
Any tips will help, thanks!
Attachments:
20160526_124839.jpeg
20160526_124839.jpeg (316.26 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
20160526_124741.jpeg
20160526_124741.jpeg (201.48 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
By DrNo7
Apparently U. alpina goes through phases of yellowing. If the condition worsens, it is recommended to repot your plant and feed them protozoa organisms.
By maceinspace
Thanks for the help @DrNo7 and @carnigrower. I recently got a glass lid for my tank and since then the U. alpina's leaves have gotten more green, though still have a slight yellow tinge at the tips. Not sure if it was the humidity or too much light but it's better now!
By carnigrower
I'm glad to hear your alpina is on the mend, mine is well on the way to flowering soon, and so is my jamesoniana, both are on windowsills in my flat.

Kind regards

Mark

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!