FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Submit a photo to enter the contest or vote for your favorite photo submission

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Voting will be open for ten days. Each user gets up to three votes and once the votes are cast, they can't be changed. Good luck to all the entrants! There are many great photos submitted. Thanks to all that participated :)

Each of the options are clickable so you can view the photos by clicking on the option or go directly to the official submission thread and view them there:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/june- ... 31642.html
Matt, Matt, Matt and 1 others liked this
By xr280xr
Matt wrote:
xr280xr wrote:Dang, just logged on to submit one!
Bummer! The submission deadline was last night :(
Didn't see the contest posted till this morning. That's what I get for not using the Unread Posts page. ;)
By Alex2893
I was waiting for the photo contest ever since I started this forum and i miss it by hours. So disappointing :( I had no idea

I rarely look at this part of the forum as its not very busy so I never saw it.
By Earthy
I didn't enter at all because honestly, I've been told by some in the past 2 years of my growing that basically my growing skills weren't "up to par" in some areas and that my plants "should be bigger", or I was keeping them "too dry", etc. so I just didn't have the confidence to go up against the rest of the ones that entered :(
By taylerhill
Earthy wrote:I didn't enter at all because honestly, I've been told by some in the past 2 years of my growing that basically my growing skills weren't "up to par" in some areas and that my plants "should be bigger", or I was keeping them "too dry", etc. so I just didn't have the confidence to go up against the rest of the ones that entered :(
Aw you should have entered! I know my growing skills have a lot of room for improvement too, I only have 2 VFT's and have only been in this hobby for about 2 years. I know my plants aren't quite as big and robust as many members plants are, but I just hope that I'll get there someday! Good luck with your growing, and hopefully we can both learn some tips and tricks on this forum! :)
By Grey
Earthy wrote:I didn't enter at all because honestly, I've been told by some in the past 2 years of my growing that basically my growing skills weren't "up to par" in some areas and that my plants "should be bigger", or I was keeping them "too dry", etc. so I just didn't have the confidence to go up against the rest of the ones that entered :(
I'm so sorry that you've been discouraged, Earthy, and I apologise for any possible role that I may have had in that (I know that we've had a number of conversations about butterworts); I've found growing carnivorous plants to be really challenging, to be completely honest, and it definitely takes time to build up confidence in it.

We all have things to learn and the way that we choose to present information to help each other can have a massive impact on the person and their confidence. While there is no use sugar coating things, sometimes well meaning and intended advice can come across as harsh (especially online where there is no tone button or body language cue to follow), so I am very sorry if I've ever been this way towards you. I really hope that you feel more confident during the next photo contest, it would be wonderful to see an entry from you!
Grey, Grey, Grey liked this
By xr280xr
Grey wrote:While there is no use sugar coating things, sometimes well meaning and intended advice can come across as harsh (especially online where there is no tone button or body language cue to follow), so I am very sorry if I've ever been this way towards you. I really hope that you feel more confident during the next photo contest, it would be wonderful to see an entry from you!
Kind of you guys, but I think Earthy can handle it just fine without a swarm of coddling. If you're gonna dish it out, you'd better be ready to take it too. Earthy said so.
Earthy wrote:your original post was bound to be met with some negativity. so you should have been prepared for that...just like when I post a topic; I know there may be some that don't agree. I deal with it.
Earthy wrote:sorry you were offended, but I don't sugar-coat stuff to appease people. I lay it all out lol...
The user this was directed at has never posted in the forums again since. So maybe we're all just better off making a little bit of an effort to be more kind and encouraging with our advice.
xr280xr liked this
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!