FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Aviationbarbie
I am new to the carnivorous plant world. We bought a King Henry and a Red Dragon VFT online about a month ago, Everything was looking great new traps and all of a sudden my Red Dragons traps all turned brown and are dying (even the new ones). I have three plants (one pitcher and two VFT) in one planter with 1/2 pete moss 1/2 perlite and it is a self regulating water pot ( I fill it up from the bottom with distilled water) I make sure the soil is humid but not damp and spray them from the top with water once in a while. The planter is in the morning and part of the afternoon sun. The other two plants are thriving, new huge traps and new pitchers sprouting up but the Red one is sickly. The only thing that has changed a little since getting them is its getting hot (high 90's) would that cause the Red Dragon to have problems? Any advice would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Corrie & Beetlejuice (the Red VFT)
By xr280xr
Hi Corrie,

If you can post a few pictures of it, that would be helpful. What kind of soil is it in and how much sun is it getting? I recommend against spraying them. It can cause fungal problems and water sitting in the crown of the rosette can cause crown rot, though with your temperatures, the latter seems unlikely.
Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!