FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By AaaaNinja
I just went to Cornell Farm in Portland to get some stuff for repotting my mom's orchid for her, and found this. I never had a Nepenthes alata before and it's just a baby. It was sitting in the water with some sundews, you can actually see the water line in my photo. I can't wait to see what the pitchers will look like when it gets older.
uploadfromtaptalk1467146551289.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1467146551289.jpg (34.49 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
I also have a bunch of cuttings sitting in water that are due to show soon whether or not they will strike. When I cut the wrigleyana, I left behind nothing but a blackened woody stump in the pot. But didn't throw it away, thought I'd give it some time. It was dried out when I noticed it was actually producing two new buds, so I gave it a nice soak. Good lesson is not to give up until at least a month or so when you can be sure it's actually dead lol.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
By Benurmanii
My max time limit for letting something sit and revive is a year. You never know with these things. It took 3 months for one of my D. spiralis to revive, and I expect that it would have taken longer if it were not in my high humidity terrarium.
By AaaaNinja
Benurmanii wrote:My max time limit for letting something sit and revive is a year. You never know with these things. It took 3 months for one of my D. spiralis to revive, and I expect that it would have taken longer if it were not in my high humidity terrarium.
For something like that, maybe I should label empty pots with a due-by date and have an area just for "is it alive??" plants haha.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!