FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By w03
Hey everyone,
BCP's new price list is up, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group order from them, provided we could split up costs for USDA APHIS certificates and the phytosanitary/CITES/shipping. If we get enough people we could also consider EMS.

in particular there's a couple quite interesting subtropical/tropical pings that got added to their list. (P. megaspilaea as a bonus item?! :shock: )
w03 liked this
By sbrooks
I'd love to join!
By SFLguy
I wish they had some more of what I was looking for haha, carnivoria it is
By maceinspace
I might be interested in this!! Prices are a bit steeper than carnivoria.eu. Could someone who has ordered from either nursery before share a bit of their experience? I'm torn between the two... Thanks!
By w03
Basically BCP's prices are higher since you get bonus plants. You can add on any plants marked with * as free bonus items worth up to a total of 15% of your order value. If anyone wants examples of the plants received from BCP there's a whole thread here: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/resul ... 28364.html :p

For those interested, here's the paperwork rundown:
General import permit - free
CITES import permit - $70
Phytosanitary certificate - 30 EUR (=$33 at current exchange rates)
CITES declaration (from nursery, this is also needed to import CITES species) - 40 EUR (=$44 at current exchange rates).
The total of this is $147, divided amongst everyone. We can skip the CITES permit if no one at all is ordering Nepenthes, Sarracenia, Dionaea, or Pinguicula ionantha but I doubt this is the case.

Shipping - depends on order and if we want to do EMS (EMS is the accelerated service, apparently usually 30-60 EUR - If we choose this I'll cover at least half of it myself).
Paypal transfer fee - 6.5% of order (or 4% if using credit card, I'll try to use credit card so it's not so much).

Box to ship from me to you - probably $6.80 for the small flat rate or $13.50 for the medium.

If everyone who is interested joins, we have 8 people right now. :)
By maceinspace
I won't be ordering any CITES species. Would I still have to help pay for those permits?
By w03
That's actually a really good question, last time we just split up all the permits amongst everyone, but it seems a bit unfair if you aren't going to be ordering any of the species under that permit.

Come to think of it, is anyone actually going to be ordering (or is interested in ordering) any sarrs, neps, flytraps, or P. ionantha?
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!