FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By pieguy452
I've heard about what's been happening over in the UK, definitely a historical moment! Time will tell how everything will work out.
pieguy452 liked this
By Teye01
Your pounds go below $1,35, the market shuts down, no one will come and help you in a crisis, europe is probably f*cked because every country is going to try to do the same, you need visas to go to europe, probably a loss of income in 2030, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
Really good choice, UK! And that all for independency while you are a lot stronger in a group, helping each other.
The worst thing after all is that the older people have voted the most for leaving while in the younger generation (the future) the majority voted to stay. The younger ones have to live with it their whole lifes and the older ones just a fraction. Isn't that weird and stupid?
By katya_dog1
Teye01 wrote:Your pounds go below $1,35, the market shuts down, no one will come and help you in a crisis, europe is probably f*cked because every country is going to try to do the same, you need visas to go to europe, probably a loss of income in 2030, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
Really good choice, UK! And that all for independency while you are a lot stronger in a group, helping each other.
The worst thing after all is that the older people have voted the most for leaving while in the younger generation (the future) the majority voted to stay. The younger ones have to live with it their whole lifes and the older ones just a fraction. Isn't that weird and stupid?
Strong words, man. Sounds like somebody's bitter. Why?
By Smooter80
Boo hoo. The Sky is falling. I guess it's a bad thing if you don't favor control of your own country, destiny, boarders and laws. A centraly controlled, socialized, one nation government sounds like a great idea. I seem to have read about a dictator trying to unite Europe once before and during that crisis, much of the world came and gave thier lives for independence. I guess we should not allow those stupid old people to vote. Maybe we should just euthanize anyone over 50.
By Teye01
katya_dog1 wrote:
Teye01 wrote:Your pounds go below $1,35, the market shuts down, no one will come and help you in a crisis, europe is probably f*cked because every country is going to try to do the same, you need visas to go to europe, probably a loss of income in 2030, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
Thanks for the compliment!
I'm not bitter, I am really positive. But most people have no idea what will happen to your country. I don't live in the UK, I live in the Netherlands, but we will going to try to go out as well. Have you ever heared of Geert Wilders? He is going to try it. That the market shuts down for us and all the other reasons we shouldn't do this I find this one to most unhuman one: if he gets what he want, he will be sending all refugees back to where they came from. "Imagine, there is a war in your country and everything you had has been destroyed. The only thing you can do is flee to europe. You finally made the trip to europe, have nothing, with exception of the things you wear, and decide to go to live in the Netherlands. Than, a month later, when you've just settled down, you get told to go back to wherever you came from. Again you have nothing." Isn't that the most unhuman thing you can do? And don't tell me that those refugees want to leave their home, they don't have a choice.
By katya_dog1
Teye01 wrote:
katya_dog1 wrote:
Thanks for the compliment! I'm not bitter, I am really positive.
You're more sarcastic than I am, and that's saying something....
Teye01 wrote:But most people have no idea what will happen to your country.
The USA will be fine, I assure you.
Teye01 wrote: I don't live in the UK, I live in the Netherlands, but we will going to try to go out as well. Have you ever heared of Geert Wilders? He is going to try it. That the market shuts down for us and all the other reasons we shouldn't do this I find this one to most unhuman one: if he gets what he want, he will be sending all refugees back to where they came from. "Imagine, there is a war in your country and everything you had has been destroyed. The only thing you can do is flee to europe. You finally made the trip to europe, have nothing, with exception of the things you wear, and decide to go to live in the Netherlands. Than, a month later, when you've just settled down, you get told to go back to wherever you came from. Again you have nothing." Isn't that the most unhuman thing you can do? And don't tell me that those refugees want to leave their home, they don't have a choice.
I'm not going to be able to answer this completely because this forum is not a place for political discussion. I will say this however: The UK voted to become a free nation. They can do whatever they want to do. Blaming the UK for something a Netherlands politician might do is NOT the correct course of action.

And to tommy5, what, precisely, do you think the US should do?
By katya_dog1
Wait, no, don't answer that. Let's continue this by PM rather than continuing to post. I suspect that we're going to draw people who will turn this polite discussion sour rather quickly if we keep posting. Threads like this are often kept under moderator scrutiny, but still-- bad things can happen really quickly.
By Teye01
First of all, there is no 'might' in what Geert Wilders will be doing, it is a 'will'.
Second, I may be a little sarcastic but in real life I am really positive (no, I am serious ;p).
Third, I didn't see you were from the US. The US will, indeed, be fine. The UK on the other hand...
Fourth, yes the UK did vote for a free nation. But in these really important decisions there should be a real overhand, and not just 2 percent. I am really hoping the petition, with allready 1 million (edit: 2 million) signs, will be taken serious and there will be another referendum, so they do choose wisely.
Fifth, I am not blaming the UK for what a dutch politician will do, I'm blaming them for the chainreaction they began.
Ps. I really love the UK, only the decision to go out the EU not. So don't think I am anti-UK and hate me, hahaha.
By Jaws
Id have posted before now but ive been busy celebrating.

We voted to LEAVE the EU by a majority % , but the losing % are now petitioning for a 2nd referendum.
If this is even entertained seriously , there will be militant action on the streets of the UK, i foresee it.
Even myself , no violence in my 51 years , but if this democratic decision is overturned i shall be there.

We voted to leave because we wanted self rule and our laws and customs created by us and the British identity preserved.
The remain lot were primarily bothered about the economic aspect, which was a bad decision.
I feel a lot of younger remain voters also confused not liking Europe with leaving the EU, two total different things.

We can still like each other AND help each other, however the UK now makes its own decisions on everything to do with itself.

In fact most remainers (had personal experience in the last few days) now think your an automatic racist because we voted to leave, real sad, true colours of people coming out now.
See the true colours of the EU leaders too now with the stance they have taken since we decided to leave.

The economic short term road ahead MAY be rocky, but its a price many of us are willing to pay for centuries ahead of a self ruled country.
This country feels so fresh since the 23rd June, i can walk on the land beneath my feet knowing we are governed in the same land.

You can tell lots arent happy with the EU, so many countries now want their referendums.
I am not going to get into any "discussions" about it as it will turn into a flame thread i am sure.

What this man says in this video sums it all up:- ( was before final result)
Recorded on the results night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85tiHNpywY0
Jaws liked this

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

Drosera germination time

Hello everyone - I recently got some D. burmanni[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!