FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By digitup70
Just got a new king henry is the sun to much for this guy should I bring em in or leave em out with the othersImageImage

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
By pieguy452
It is best to slowly acclimate new flytraps to the outdoors. Leave them outside for only a few hours, then over the course of a couple weeks gradually introduce the flytrap to full time direct sunlight.

As to whether the light will burn the leaves off the King Henry, that can only be told by time. If it does get burned by the sun the plant will eventually send up new growth that will be able to take the light without burning.
By VigorousFlyTrap
You can slowly acclimate the plant but if you're impatient throwing them out in full sun will most likely burn most leaves, But! Keep it well taken care of and new growth will come up usually ones that can take the burning sun especially since its summer time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
By AaaaNinja
I got a long red fingers from the same grower as you got your king henry and stuck it right in the sun and it's been there ever since. Did you read the instructions that should have come with the plant? If it says to acclimate, then acclimate it. It depends whether they grow their stock outdoors and it's already used to the sun. Ask Matt.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!