FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By HeliamphoraWalnut
After seeing many people's generosity *cough hollyhock *cough ,I feel very greedy and selfish keeping my plants to myself :oops: :roll:
So we're going play NAME THAT PLANT! Unlike hollyhock though, there is no contuining of this game. Just one time, this time. Here are the rules:
1. You must have more than 50 posts, no inactive members please!
2. At least 5 thanks
3. You just do a giveaway of your own this year! Spread the love! I have no way of checking this, so honor system. :mrgreen:
4. If you know or you think you know, please do not post in this thread. pm me. If you do, this read will be forfeited, and nobody will get anything. Don't ruin it for everyone!
5. YOU have to pay shipping. I'm not that generous :lol:
Ok, all these rules, and now what? What's the prize? Well, this prize is something almost every cp grower wants. Because of that, you will be having to guess THREE picture of plants, that's right, THREE plants! Game changer, eh? :D Pm me the genus and species by next Thursday (one week ) and you win! Pictures are below.
P.S. Hollyhock does have a slight advantage on the second pic. Just a hint......
image.jpg
image.jpg (242.73 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (309.38 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (458.85 KiB) Viewed 2009 times
By HeliamphoraWalnut
We have a winner! Entropy has guessed all three correctly
1. Sarracenia leah Wilkerson
2. Sarracenia minor olee giant
3. Cephalotus

The prize is a rooted cephalotus crown division! Congrats to entropy! This was kinda fun. I may do one again soon. ;)
You will be getting one of these.
image.jpg
image.jpg (509.96 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
HeliamphoraWalnut liked this
By entropy81
Wow! Awesome prize. I always wanted a ceph, I've been trying to snag one on ebay and I got some seeds but none germinated.

Now I have to come up with something good for a give away contest. I'm going to interpret the 1 year requirement as a chronological year not a calendar year. I don't know if I'll have something good to give away this year before winter and I don't want to give away crap (The prize is... capensis alba!). I should have some extra interesting things by June 2017 though.
entropy81 liked this

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!