FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Sakaaaaa
On every flytrapcare care sheet, it says you need to soak it in low ppm water, why? Wouldn't it trigger flytrap traps and drosera snap tentacles? Thanks. Also, is it optional to soak it?
By nimbulan
Soak for what purpose? Do you mean after receiving a bare-root plant? You're only supposed to soak the roots, and I believe it's intended to rehydrate the plant if it has lost any moisture in transit and reduce transplanting shock. Personally I've never found it necessary, though I have never received any dehydrated plants in the mail.
By pieguy452
Yeah your only supposed to soak the roots and the rhizome, it is meant to rehydrate the plant from transit. It's not necessary IMO and I hardly ever do it. If I'm repotting multiple plants I'll let the ones waiting to be repotted sit in water but that's pretty much it. I just make sure to soak the soil the flytrap is planted in so it has plenty of water to take up.
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

Not what you would expect...

Why, the portion cup in from of the binata in the […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

What on earth is this?

Looks a lot like springtails to me. Other possibil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!