FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By Smooter80
nicszabo wrote:As long as you are purchasing the plant material from a properly registered nursery/farm/grower who has a valid state licence/certificate you can receive it regardless of being bare root or not. States such as California/Nevada are interested in possible plant pests such as Japanese beetles, soil nematodes, etc.
Not true in many states. Don't look if you don't want to know lol.

http://nationalplantboard.org/laws-and-regulations/
By edman007
niczabo wrote:As long as you are purchasing the plant material from a properly registered nursery/farm/grower who has a valid state licence/certificate you can receive it regardless of being bare root or not. States such as California/Nevada are interested in possible plant pests such as Japanese beetles, soil nematodes, etc.
This is NOT true for international orders, you need to get a photosanatary certificate to import them and that doesn't cover soil, there is a separate permit for soil, and in general it's much much more expensive to import plants with soil. For carnivorous plants the cheapest way is to grow them in tissue culture and ship the tissue culture.

Also, USDA does have jurisdiction on plants traveling interstate, and many states do check stuff getting imported for the proper permits.
edman007 liked this
By Matt
nimbulan wrote:From what I understand California has been stepping up enforcement and has been actively refusing shipments of plants without accompanying certificates - it makes it difficult for growers like us to send plants to California, though like you said it should not affect nurseries.
This might be true, as we recently had one of our packages held until we called the local authority to tell them the species of plants in the box.
By nicszabo
Not to get into a who know more contest, (which is the main reason I leave forums alone) but...

I was referring mainly to the post regarding plants being shipped from the US to California. Shipments coming from outside of the United States is different. Luckily we hold all necessary permits/licences/certificates that allows us to legally send and receive plant material.

I would venture to say that those who get in trouble are not doing it legally to begin with.

I will be shipping plants from my nursery on Monday 5/9 of next week to another member on this forum who lives in CALIFORNIA. I will of course include a copy of our nursery license, and our federally recognized compliance agreement inside the box. I have zero worries that it will be refused entry.
Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!