FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By kronos1996
So there was a thread in the trade section a couple months ago asking If somebody would be willing to host a group order from this nursery in Europe and I have decided that I think I can give it a try! I've been in contact with a man named Dave who made it sound simple enough and is on board with a group order.

I'm posting this here to see who all will be interested and also asking you to start making your lists. I will set a deadline for lists at later date once I have things in order. The selection and prices are fabulous so feel free to look over the selection for a while before deciding. If something says out of stock I can ask about it anyway.

Here is an email from the website, note that they seem to have a somewhat shaky grasp of English so you may need to read a few times.
uploadfromtaptalk1461688983839.png
uploadfromtaptalk1461688983839.png (153.54 KiB) Viewed 4369 times
P.S. I will have EXTREMELY detailed instructions on sending paypal payment so as to avoid the catastrophe of last time.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
By evenwind
I'm not sure I'm reading it right, but it sounds like Dave is offering to ship each member of the group a separate parcel? That's not a good idea as each of us would need our own import license and have to make separate arrangements to get the package from the import station...
By Matt
evenwind wrote:I'm not sure I'm reading it right, but it sounds like Dave is offering to ship each member of the group a separate parcel? That's not a good idea as each of us would need our own import license and have to make separate arrangements to get the package from the import station...
Agreed. That's the point of making a group order: to save on the costs of an import license and shipping fees, right? Maybe something was lost in translation?
By kronos1996
He said the only thing we need is a Phytosanitary certificate... where would I apply for an import license BTW? I think he wants to use multiple boxes but send them all to one place would this be a problem?

By kronos1996
kronos1996 wrote:He said the only thing we need is a Phytosanitary certificate... where would I apply for an import license BTW? I think he wants to use multiple boxes but send them all to one place would this be a problem?

uploadfromtaptalk1461700717902.png
uploadfromtaptalk1461700717902.png (146.39 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
Here is an earlier email that seems to indicate small packages mean we wouldn't need an import license. Just wondering how much that costs because he seems to think it would be more expensive then shipping multiple packages.

By evenwind
According to this, he's right about the 12-and-under: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfoc ... tmaterials.

He supplies the phyto. Is he talking about one 30 Euro charge for all or a separate charge for each parcel? Ditto for the CITES for 40 Euro?

Maybe SEWinans would be willing to give you more info about what's needed.

The other thing is that the Carnivores and More order was over $3500, if I remember correctly. Are you prepared to "process" that much?

I'm not trying to discourage you, I just want to be sure you know what you're getting into.
By zsyxcbibi
I want to join, and I will be very very very careful with paypal this time [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]
By zsyxcbibi
That will be a long story... to make it short. I sent my payment to Sarah during a time that paypal servers crashed globally. With a couple resent and refund, we end up lost 2 payments in Sarah's account balance. And paypal insisted everything was correct, Sarah ended up took the lost.
By zsyxcbibi
Yes and no. The reason that I resent the payments was mainly because paypal agent told me I did not send it out correctly, so that I sould retry it. I was naive enough to trust her :( It won't happen again.
By zsyxcbibi
Most likely it won't happen again. Paypal sucks, but the chance that 2 server crashs in a row happens to us is next to impossible. If it does happen, I think we should all go out to buy some lottery tickets.
By kronos1996
I've set up a USDA level 2 access account I'll go to an office tomorrow to have my ID verified and ask about import stuff while I'm there.

We would likely need to fork over to cover the export costs on their end as well but divided among several people it won't even be an amount worth mentioning.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!