FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By bijillon
I am getting a nepenthes maxima x tenuis in the mail this week and was wondering if there are any specific care instructions. This is my first nepenthes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Benurmanii
I imagine you would keep just like any other highland Nepenthes hybrid. Lots of light, decent humidity (I'd go at least 50% for good pitchering, since it is a hybrid it is probably a little more tolerant, however). Temps like other highland plants, though since it has maxima in it, it could probably take slightly warmer temps.
By bijillon
Benurmanii wrote:I imagine you would keep just like any other highland Nepenthes hybrid. Lots of light, decent humidity (I'd go at least 50% for good pitchering, since it is a hybrid it is probably a little more tolerant, however). Temps like other highland plants, though since it has maxima in it, it could probably take slightly warmer temps.
I will try to keep the humidity up. Is it safe to spray the pitcherlings with water for humidity?

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!