FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Alex2893
Thought it might be interesting to list what has woken up and whats still sleeping. I find it interesting my small Jaws has woke up put my big jaws is still sleeping. Im wondering for thoes who have a lot of cultivors if your having simmiler results or is it just random?

Sleeping: Flaming Lips, Jaws, UK Sawtooth 2, A2, Coquilage, Lunatic Fringe, FTS Etna, dcxl, Sawtooth, Towerimg Giant, Vigorous, Dutch

Awake: Dracula X B52, Fine Tooth X Red, Alien, Fts Archangle, Bohemium Garnet, Ginormous, all 6 Holland Red, all 6 Wip Slim Snapper divisions, Jaws, Typicals, Big Mouth
By Matt
There is definitely a genetic tendency for certain flytraps to emerge from dormancy sooner. Red Piranha is always the slowest one to wake up for us. There are quite a few that all start coming out of dormancy equally early.
By Earthy
from what I've noticed there seems to be some plants that even though they are the same cultivar, they like to wake up when they are ready lol. but usually there's a 2-3 week timeframe for wakey-wakey...or at least mine had that lol. they didn't all wake up at the same time...
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!