FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
I had a bunny flower open on my U. Sandersonii blue-form, and well it looks not-so-angry lol:

and a U. Sandersonii blue form offshoot has decided to be colorful (this has happened recently and the leaves aren't dying either; they just turned reddish-purple on the one offshoot...so far):

thanks for looking!! :)
Earthy, Earthy, Earthy liked this
By Earthy
Lol...yea that combined with the colored leaves makes me wonder if I have a "special" utric? Lol. It's like a happy mouse :P
Earthy liked this
By Cleo_13
The U. bisquamata that hitchhiked in my sundew plant's pot sparked my interest in Utricularias, and I'd really like to try growing some more. U. sandersonii is at the top of my list- how do you grow yours?
By SFLguy
Is it possible that your (or maybe the seller's) sandersonii blue produced seed and that's the result? I remember someone selfing blue and getting highly variable flowers (possibly because blue might be a hybrid)
By Earthy
Cleo13: I grow mine in a small glass in a mainly silica sand medium lol (that's how it came from my friend) under T5 HO lights, with occasional full sun. It gets watered every other day.There's also a D. Tokaiensis growing in there lol...

SFLguy: I'm not sure how this was grown; someone sent it to me as small plugs...
Earthy liked this
By roarke
Earthy wrote:Cleo13: I grow mine in a small glass in a mainly silica sand medium lol (that's how it came from my friend) under T5 HO lights, with occasional full sun. It gets watered every other day.There's also a D. Tokaiensis growing in there lol...

SFLguy: I'm not sure how this was grown; someone sent it to me as small plugs...
Please keep it happy. Any happy flowers beside it ?
By Earthy
roarke wrote:
Earthy wrote:Cleo13: I grow mine in a small glass in a mainly silica sand medium lol (that's how it came from my friend) under T5 HO lights, with occasional full sun. It gets watered every other day.There's also a D. Tokaiensis growing in there lol...

Please keep it happy. Any happy flowers beside it ?
no not yet...this is it's first flower lol. I'm hoping that more pop up :)
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!