FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Gabcat
Hi Everyone! /excuse my english, not native language ! and I already posted this same thread on another forum! (I need a lot of viewpoints) :idea: excuse me :)

I want to buy a baby Nepenthes and have to choose one. All germinated by the exact same light, temperature, moisture and water conditions. Some of them have three leafs/pitchers, and some have four..and some shows slightly different pitcher sizes.

My question is : Did you guys detected an observable growht "pattern" or specific attributes since your plant early stages, that keeps mantaining and lasting when the plant reachs maturity? (for example, big leafs or small leafs (or pitchers), more leafs and less pitchers, or more pitchers and less leafs <-(don't know if it's possible for them to grow just a leaf with no pitcher, anyway)

Like (another example) that baby nepenthes who had good and fast leaf proliferation (in good and stable conditions) since being seedling, keeps the same attribute today?

I found some coincidences with other plant species which I germinated. My pumpkins, for example, one of them seems to be more tiny and prone to dehydration than others...now, that same plant keeps showing the same behaviour.

Thanks you!
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!