FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By MichaelGuardian
So I live in Charlotte NC, and we just had a big winter storm here, I got like 4-5 inches of snow, and that's a lot for NC. Here's a pic of my CPs in the snow, and some of you might be worried about them, but it's okay, they survived the snow last year, no reason to believe they can't this year. In the pic are some Sarrs, droseras, vfts, and a cobra lily.

By Benurmanii
SerMuncherIV wrote:Agreed - snow is a fantastic natural insulator that is actually an integral part of the dormancy plan many growers in more northern regions pursue. The plants in colder climates that get snowed on have a better chance of surviving than those that don't.
I am constantly feeling jealous towards those who get snow. Here in Portland OR, it is either warm an rainy (why is fine), or freezing and absolutely bone dry. Not to mention it gets really windy when it drops below freezing. For a few days I had forgoten that the wind will dry my plants out even when the temps are not below freezing, so I had accidentally left them in cold dry weather for a few days. Fortunately, only the non-dormant traps that were slow to die off on my VFTs suffered any frost damage, but I'm sure they would have not faired well had I left them out in that weather.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!