FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Dematerialize
It worries me he's trying to sell plants and yet he is unaware that a capensis(a capensis of all plants!) doesn't need dormancy and that it cannot be forced into dormancy by dumping it in a fridge.

Red flags everywhere.
By jwalker
This guy is on a bunch of forums trying to sell these plants. And in every one I've seen it always seems fishy to me.
By Wikiwakawakawee
Dematerialize wrote:It worries me he's trying to sell plants and yet he is unaware that a capensis(a capensis of all plants!) doesn't need dormancy and that it cannot be forced into dormancy by dumping it in a fridge.

Red flags everywhere.
Well i mean he is on the younger side...give him a break guys :| I made a trade with him for a very small nepenthes (Like 1-2 inches across), and he generously sent me a D. Capensis, U. Subulata and U. Livida. Still haven't gotten them but we'll see what state they're in i guess.

To be honest, i'm surprised at how he's already managing to sell stuff like this at such a young age! :shock: I mean like this is the first time i've ever traded with somebody and he got me to do it haha :lol:
By Benurmanii
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:
Dematerialize wrote:It worries me he's trying to sell plants and yet he is unaware that a capensis(a capensis of all plants!) doesn't need dormancy and that it cannot be forced into dormancy by dumping it in a fridge.

Red flags everywhere.
Well i mean he is on the younger side...give him a break guys :| I made a trade with him for a very small nepenthes (Like 1-2 inches across), and he generously sent me a D. Capensis, U. Subulata and U. Livida. Still haven't gotten them but we'll see what state they're in i guess.

To be honest, i'm surprised at how he's already managing to sell stuff like this at such a young age! :shock: I mean like this is the first time i've ever traded with somebody and he got me to do it haha :lol:
I agree that everyone should cut him some slack, but I feel like when it comes to buying and trading, what matters is the experience of the seller. For those who don't know Charlie, he is a memeber on here as well as on terraforums. I recently met him at a carnivorous plant meet in Portland, and I was surprised to find that he is still in middle school! I learned that he has been in the hobby for around three years now. Charlie organized a whole wistuba order not too long ago, and he distributed all of the plants that people ordered without any hassel, and it is because of his experience (and likely his maturity and well-wordedness for his age) that he was able to organize such a harrowing order successfully.

Carnivorouscrazy, I don't want to sound harsh here, but I would suggest that you wait and get to know people in the community really well before you start selling and trading. People want to buy plants from sellers who know the plant better than they do. For now, start asking more questions, post pictures of your plants for the community to see and comment on, and be an active and positive contributor to the forums. Before you know, you'll be buying and selling with plenty of people.
Benurmanii liked this
By Carnivorouscrazy1223
i actually dobt hve nickel sized plants i got rid of all my plants from last year and my capensis are medium sized/almost my hand sized and i had no other choice than to do that u am aware they are tropical but i went to mexico for 2 weeks no one to take care of them and im only on two forums stop all the exaggeration if they seem fishy wich i honestly dont understand ooo you dont trust a 13 year old and i understand but i am loyal and if its the stuff im selling just dobt look at it honestly all this has gone on in my other forum to just because one person didnt like it and the only person who seems to be on my side here is wiki
By Carnivorouscrazy1223
and if it seems fishy to you for me to put my email shipping and a list of my plants im selling i dont know what you ghink isnt fishy
By HeliamphoraWalnut
Ok, I understand you being young.(I'm in middle school), but you only have like 19 posts, and (no offense) your spelling is terrible, and you are trying to sell things without prior knowledge of plants! (I mean, a ceph or a heliamphora i get, but a CAPENSIS?)
There's people like this on TF or pitcher plants in the tropics forums. There are people with only about 2-15 posts, and they are trying to sell something. One time, it was a poacher from Indonesia. The.The other, it was a troll that didn't actually have any of the plants. See what i mean?
By Leathal_Traps
Yes his grammar is bad, and yes he is young but I don't think ( and I highly doubt) that he is trying to scam anyone. If you want to sell plants get to know people in the community more, both here, on other carnivorous plant forums, and social media. There aren't all that many people that grow cp's, and as time goes on and you gain more experience you will meet a lot of great people that will try to help you.

Carnivorouscrazy I think you should take your time and not rush things. I've been visiting TF and FTC since I was in sixth grade ( 4 years ago) and the only thing I've ever sold is a packet of seeds and I've done a couple trades in person. Take your time learning about these plants, there is no such thing as knowing everything. I've spent entire days if nots weeks or months of my life on these forums reading experiments people have done, trying to find every bit of information, looking at videos, reading books, etc and I am still constantly asking questions about things I don't know.

It's logical that people are skeptical about buying plants from someone with only a few posts, especially without pictures. Even when I buy from big well known and respected seller I always want to see pictures of the plant I am buying, after all I am spending my money on something and I want to make sure it's something I like. Also as HeliamphoraWalnut mentioned there have been people that ARE scammers, only looking for money and it's impossible for people here to tell if you are one of those people or not based on how little information we know about you.

Good luck in the future, this is a hobby for everyone to enjoy, no one should be bashed unless they truly deserve it. Prove to the community that you sell quality plants and make people trust you. If you do this people won't have any issues buying from you.

Happy growing!
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!