FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By ruruanta
BrunoL wrote:I think our order will be fine, by the way. I know two members on these forums who ordered from CZ plants and their plants arrived within a week. Canada is quite strict when it comes to importing plants
I'v ordered twice last year.
Mr. Vasek is very responsive replying. Good customer service and yes the plants are small :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By hackerberry
BrunoL wrote:
hackerberry wrote:Funny coincidence.
http://ocps.proboards.com/thread/7868/r ... plants-com
Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully they get their act together by March. I'll follow this situation and I'll see if I should continue this group order or start another one for a different more reliable distributer. Do you guys have any suggestions for alternatives in case this doesn't work out? (Not carnivoresandmore, it's way too complicated)
No worries, it's mixed reviews with them. Best of luck with your guys' order. :)
By katya_dog1
Abeginner wrote:I am hoping some of the out of stock plants will be stocked by the time the order is placed.
Just for the record, from personal experience I've found that relying on this is not always the best idea. I joined a Wistuba group order for two plants which were out of stock. I was reassured by the management that the plants would come in stock. I decided I didn't want to risk making a big deal about it and messing up the calculations of shipping costs and pulled out of the order (no money was exchanged). Sure enough, the plants never became available.

If the plants come in stock by the time the order is placed, great. But if you have the choice of holding off on committing until you are sure you can get the plants, that would be better. I don't use Paypal (one can see why from the Carnivoria.eu group order) so instant payment and deadlines don't work for me, not sure about you in which case it might not matter.

Just my $0.02. :)
katya_dog1, katya_dog1 liked this
By BrunoL
katya_dog1 wrote:
Abeginner wrote:I am hoping some of the out of stock plants will be stocked by the time the order is placed.
Just for the record, from personal experience I've found that relying on this is not always the best idea. I joined a Wistuba group order for two plants which were out of stock. I was reassured by the management that the plants would come in stock. I decided I didn't want to risk making a big deal about it and messing up the calculations of shipping costs and pulled out of the order (no money was exchanged). Sure enough, the plants never became available.

If the plants come in stock by the time the order is placed, great. But if you have the choice of holding off on committing until you are sure you can get the plants, that would be better. I don't use Paypal (one can see why from the Carnivoria.eu group order) so instant payment and deadlines don't work for me, not sure about you in which case it might not matter.

That is indeed wise advice. I emailed them a while ago, asking about the availability of "out of stock" plants but they never responded. They have three emails and a Skype account so I'm going to try every means necessary to get in contact.

I'm not going to accept payment for plants that are OOS. Unless they update right around the time we order, I'm only going to accept payment for the plants that are in stock.

I'll do my best to calculate and handle everybody's money safely and efficiently. The Wistuba group order I held a few months ago went without a hitch so I'm hoping this will turn out just as well. Exel really comes in handy when calculating everybody's expense.
By Benurmanii
katya_dog1 wrote:

I have to admit that I'm in the same boat as Abeginner, but I if nothing gets restocked, I wouldn't mind some cheap cephs! (What I'm really hoping for is that N. neoguineensis comes back before the next millennia).
By Abeginner
I am actually looking now and i have a list of things that are in stock but if by chance there would be a restock there will be a few things added! Certainly a ceph is on my list right now[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!