FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the UK or EU

Moderator: Matt

By iliasthess
Happy new year to everybody here !! I am looking for Nepenthes Ampullaria green or Lime Twist and Nepenthes rafflesiana adult plants (over 10-12 cm in diameter). Thank you in advance !!
By Wikiwakawakawee
iliasthess wrote:Happy new year to everybody here !! I am looking for Nepenthes Ampullaria green or Lime Twist and Nepenthes rafflesiana adult plants (over 10-12 cm in diameter). Thank you in advance !!
I just bought a lime twist from ebay, you should check there, the seller seems to have a lot.
By Benurmanii
The OP is in the UK/EU, I don't think the seller ships there. However, there are plenty of great CP sites to buy from in Europe, just a quick google search should give you tons. An adult raff might cost you a bit though, why not start small?
By iliasthess
I am a relatively new collector and I grow my plants indoors (most of them facing a windowsill) using nothing like a terrarium or a humidifier, so I am not looking for young plants which usually require more attention at the growing conditions provided and do not forgive mistakes. Instead, adult plants usually tolerate lower humidity levels or wrong temperatures for longer periods, giving a starter like me the time to think what is going wrong. This is my personal oppinion, if someone has a different one I would really appreciate his/her help. Thank you !!
By Benurmanii
iliasthess wrote:I am a relatively new collector and I grow my plants indoors (most of them facing a windowsill) using nothing like a terrarium or a humidifier, so I am not looking for young plants which usually require more attention at the growing conditions provided and do not forgive mistakes. Instead, adult plants usually tolerate lower humidity levels or wrong temperatures for longer periods, giving a starter like me the time to think what is going wrong. This is my personal oppinion, if someone has a different one I would really appreciate his/her help. Thank you !!
In this case, you probably want to start with easy highland species like N. sanguinea, N. ventricosa, N. maxima, or hybrids such as N. x miranda or N. x ventrata. N. rafflesiana needs high humidity, ideally 70-80 percent, as well as temps in the 80's during the day and around 70 at night. N. ampullaria is also a lowlander, and although I have heard of it doing OK on a windowsill, it should be kept in similar conditions to rafflesiana.
Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!