FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By tjmleech
Hello community! Let me start off by saying thanks to the members who have already helped me out by filling the gaps in my knowledge on Venus Flytraps, and cultivars. I'm so eager and excited to start a collection, I've already purchased a huge 6500k CFL, and bought all my potting ingredients. I'm so ready to raise some young traps!
However, it seems I've missed the Autumn boat for obtaining cultures. I have my eyes on the gems that are the Low Giant, the G16, and the Big Vigorous. The B52 seems pretty awesome, too. Does anyone who has been a part of this community for a while know when cultures are usually available for international shipping? I've come to find I just haven't develooed the same trust or admiration for any other Carnivorous Plant supplier (based on the website, these forums, and customer testimonies), so I'm prepared to hold out for some plants from here.

Any info would be appreciated! Also, I'm Timothy. I'm 23 and live in Canada. It's nice to meet all of you!
By Matt
I haven't put any cultures in stock yet this year, so you've not missed anything! I plan on putting cultures in stock very soon, probably some time this week.

Unfortunately from your list of Low Giant, G16, Big Vigorous and B52, I will have none of those to offer this year as all of the cultures of those 4 clones either got contaminated or didn't take.

Some of the giants that will be offered are:
B52 x BCP Giant
BCP Z11
Big Mouth
Bimbo
DC XL
Dutch Delight
FTS Big Behemoth
FTS Towering Giant
G14
Gigantea
Henning's Giant
Jaws
Megatraps = G17

From that list, I'd highly recommend Jaws, Megatraps and Gigantea.
Matt liked this
By tjmleech
Fantastic, thanks Matt! I don't mind waiting to add those traps I listed to my newfound collection, during another time. Adding new traps over an extended period of time will be part of the thrill.
I'll be sure to check frequently to see when the ones you've listed are up for sale - I've already looked them up and picked some favourites!
By tjmleech
Sorry, one more thing though, do you know when the next potential time frame those listed fly traps could be available? I know it's never certain, but I'm just curious. I'm growing consistently more fond of the Large Giant.

Thanks again!
By Matt
Hello tjmleech,

You are in luck! I didn't have a complete list the other day when I made my first post. All cultures are now in stock in the FTS international, and I was able to include Low Giant as I did have cultures going that look good.

Here's a link to the Dionaea cultures page in the store:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/intern ... es-dionaea
Matt liked this

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!