FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Goodkoalie
TS 1989 wrote: Day - 33-35C
Night - 30-32C
My summer average is above yours by a few degrees and they grow nice, with plenty of dew and catches.

Be careful with the flowers, if you are not careful you will end up with way to many babies. I have gotten rid of my capensis a few years ago, and I still end up with many opping up in pots as weeds.
By TS 1989
Goodkoalie wrote:
TS 1989 wrote: Day - 33-35C
Night - 30-32C
My summer average is above yours by a few degrees and they grow nice, with plenty of dew and catches.

Be careful with the flowers, if you are not careful you will end up with way to many babies. I have gotten rid of my capensis a few years ago, and I still end up with many opping up in pots as weeds.
But I am guessing your night temperature is much lower than mine? Perhaps Drosera Capensis prefers cooler nights.
By SerMuncherIV
TS 1989 wrote:Perhaps Drosera Capensis prefers cooler nights.
It does indeed...people often so caught up in its ease of growth that they forget it originates from higher elevations on cool coastal mountains in South Africa, where day temperatures are generally warm and mild and nights cool. This doesn't necessarily reflect the plant's needs in cultivation, but out of all the spots where I've grown capensis, it does best in my highland tank.

Here's a pic from this summer of "juvenile" plants...day temps 100F+ sometimes, consistently above 90F. Nights always cooled down considerably though.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!