FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Gry
Hi.

I live in south Africa and for interest's sake, I was wondering, where would I be able to find some of these plants? The Drosera Glanduligera intrigues me a lot and I would like to get one later on
By Benurmanii
Depends if you can keep it cool. The main problem is, they are so hard to grow that I don't think I've ever seen anyone offer a live plant of it. The seeds are not only hard to come by, but also extremely difficult to grow. They grow during the winter (which I just found out), and have extremely short lives. You need the night temps to be right above freezing when trying to ge them to germinate. Plus, if you manage to germinate the seeds, you need to feed them a lot or else they will die. Also, they will bloom early if night temps rise above 7.7 celsius, effectively killing the plant (as they are annuals).

If you manage to come across some seeds, then I give you my best wishes. Even the right conditions people can't get them to germinate.
By Mufasa
Our seed bank currently has glanduligera seeds in stock... i plan on getting some at next meeting, and putting it under lights in my cool chamber

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!