FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By IronicPastry
Hey I'm new here. I have always admired Venus Flytraps and now I own one. It's probably not a good one, I got it in one of those kits you would buy for a child to admire (then accidentally kill). It has one maybe two deformed traps. Also I made a little terrarium out of an LED flashlight and some 2 Liter bottles. I'll post a pic if anyone is curious. Well anyway I am looking forward to asking a lot of stupid questions, so I can learn about this awesome plant.
By Sirajim
IronicPastry wrote:Hey I'm new here. I have always admired Venus Flytraps and now I own one. It's probably not a good one, I got it in one of those kits you would buy for a child to admire (then accidentally kill). It has one maybe two deformed traps. Also I made a little terrarium out of an LED flashlight and some 2 Liter bottles. I'll post a pic if anyone is curious. Well anyway I am looking forward to asking a lot of stupid questions, so I can learn about this awesome plant.
I really appreciate your work. Can you post some more info about your led flashlights and some original pic of it ?
Wanna see your lights :-)
Last edited by Sirajim on Thu May 23, 2013 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By IronicPastry
Sirajim wrote:
IronicPastry wrote:Hey I'm new here. I have always admired Venus Flytraps and now I own one. It's probably not a good one, I got it in one of those kits you would buy for a child to admire (then accidentally kill). It has one maybe two deformed traps. Also I made a little terrarium out of an LED flashlight and some 2 Liter bottles. I'll post a pic if anyone is curious. Well anyway I am looking forward to asking a lot of stupid questions, so I can learn about this awesome plant.
I really appreciate your work. Can you post some more info about your led flashlights and some original pic of it ?
Wanna see your lights :-)
Actually I posted pictures of the contraption in another question I had.
Here is the link.
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/setup ... 19620.html

I don't have any pictures of the original flashlight but, seeing as I bought it at my work I could easily get one of you are interested.
The flashlight is a 28 LED, 3 AAA (Now USB) operated flashlight. The reason I made it was because I read something saying that the blue wavelength of the LED could support plant life. I'm not 100% sure that is correct now. Although it sure was fun to make. Also a good excuse to buy a Soldering Iron.
By Earthy
welcome!! you'll find lots of helpful folks here :)
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!