FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
How do you make your springtail culture ? My mother had them on top of a pot, on the soil, jumping around, in the past. I trow them away, not knowing than what they where. From where to get springtails ? From nature or they will come in your house by themself?
By TS 1989
roarke wrote:How do you make your springtail culture ? My mother had them on top of a pot, on the soil, jumping around, in the past. I trow them away, not knowing than what they where. From where to get springtails ? From nature or they will come in your house by themself?
They just appeared randomly in my pots lol.
By sbrooks
In my area, springtails are anywhere that there is long-term moisture close to or below the ground. So, basement, crawlspace, foundation, under things touching the ground, etc.
By TS 1989
roarke wrote:But they don't just teleport !
I think for mine, there were eggs in the peat moss and when I watered it and stuff, then it started hatching.
By Jaws
http://www.dartfrog.tk/index.php?page=springtailguide

Full guide to breeding them.

That guide is if you have a few already though :/

They just appear in my Pacman Frog tank, i dont know how they get there,
id try doing what they say in that guide and keep the pot moist with a bit of cat food or fish flake and they will appear.

I personally wouldnt do the microwave bit but just use just coco fibre.

Good springtail information link below (even if it is about getting rid of them, its interesting reading)
http://www.orkin.com/other/springtails/
Last edited by Jaws on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Jaws liked this
By Earthy
I just have them. pretty sure my vft seedlings have been eating them cause some of the traps are closed and sealed lol...
By Anymal911
SundewWolf wrote:Springtails seem to breed like crazy in my tropical snail terrariums. I think they came from the plants I brought home from the greenhouse though, as there seem to be a lot of them there as well.
What type of snails do you have?
By SundewWolf
Anymal911 wrote:
SundewWolf wrote:Springtails seem to breed like crazy in my tropical snail terrariums. I think they came from the plants I brought home from the greenhouse though, as there seem to be a lot of them there as well.
What type of snails do you have?
Mostly florida species (caracolus marginella, Rabdotus dealbatus, bulimulus guadalupensis, drymaeus dormani), although I have a few temperate ones from around my house.

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!