FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
I observed when drawing water with a syringe, that many small bubbles are formed. Oxygenation occurs. Not a good idea when applied to a intravenous therapy. But good for drosera roots, i think. Does a root oxygenation device exists ?
roarke liked this
By Jaws
Just use a think stick in the compost (not that they should need it), and prod a few holes, similar to lawn aerators.
Jaws liked this
By Earthy
another couple of ways to do it is 1) shake the water vigorously in the container with the top off before watering or 2) just take a turkey baster or similar device and blow air in the water with it. lol. works for me :)
Earthy liked this
By Astral_Revenant
Earthy wrote:another couple of ways to do it is 1) shake the water vigorously in the container with the top off before watering or 2) just take a turkey baster or similar device and blow air in the water with it. lol. works for me :)
Good ideas, would be cool to use some kind of device or method to have air bubbles occur, when the plant needs the oxygen. :geek:
By katya_dog1
Poking holes with sticks in the soil will aerate. But I would be worried about damaging the roots.

If you're wanting aeration, you should probably just pot in good media to begin with. Messing with the roots is never a good idea.
By bvalente
Depending on your tray system, you could think about incorporating an air stone, similar to one in a fish tank. If your tray is deep enough, you can elevate the plants and simply put the air stone under it connected to a timer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!