• Korean Melody Shark
  • SD Draco (FTS Scarlet Vixen)
Drosera
  • D. binata
  • D. capensis
  • D. capensis 'Albino'
  • D. filiformis "Florida All Red"
  • D. tracyi
  • D. x eloisiana (formerly known as D. x beleziana)
Sarracenia
  • S. (Hurricane Creek White x Adrian Slack) x O.P.
  • S. minor
  • S. purpurea ssp. purpurea
  • S. rubra
Nepenthes
  • N. 'Miranda'
  • N. ventricosa
Last edited by Anymal911 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Anymal911 liked this
By iamjacksplants
Looks like a nicely varied list. Do you grow them all in one area? Do we get to see any pictures Anymal911?

-@.
By dykotah
Wow. Our grow list is the same except I don't have a D. Filiformis. I do have a Ping. Agnata and Akai Ryu.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
By Anymal911
iamjacksplants wrote:Looks like a nicely varied list. Do you grow them all in one area? Do we get to see any pictures Anymal911?

-@.
Two areas actually. I have a shelf outside here I grow most of them, but I have my seedlings, cuttings, and ventricosa inside in a modified ten gallon aquarium (I removed the front glass panel and covered the inside with reflective material with a light hood (two 13W 6500k CFL bulbs).
I will surely post pictures as soon as I get my phone back. My sister spilled water on it! XD
Anymal911 liked this
By iamjacksplants
Anymal911 wrote:
iamjacksplants wrote:Looks like a nicely varied list. Do you grow them all in one area? Do we get to see any pictures Anymal911?

-@.
Two areas actually. I have a shelf outside here I grow most of them, but I have my seedlings, cuttings, and ventricosa inside in a modified ten gallon aquarium (I removed the front glass panel and covered the inside with reflective material with a light hood (two 13W 6500k CFL bulbs).
I will surely post pictures as soon as I get my phone back. My sister spilled water on it! XD

Nice! I wanted to grow mine outside but it's just too hot here. I was for through more than a gallon of distilled water a day just to keep 5 VFT's somewhere between quite unhappy and completely miserable.
I was a little bummed at first about having to bring them inside, but now it's starting to grow on me. Ha! Get it?

Are you getting coloration comparable to Sun grown plants with the 6500k cfl? I had a 4100k for the first week or so I had them inside and it Sr like the coloration was a little richer.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your phone, I hate when that happens. Looking for to the pictures.

-@.
iamjacksplants liked this
By Anymal911
Well actually here in Houston we go over 100*F every day and I just have to water my plants every other day. I don't even use water trays. Of course I usually mist them in the morning and sometimes at night. I buy those big Ozarka brand 2.5 gallon distilled water "tanks" and they usually last me well over a week. Not bad for three bucks.
I had my DC XL under my CFLs for about two days after I got it. In that short amount of time I got better coloration than I have gotten in full sun in a month lol. It might be that I regularly feed my plants, and they don't color as much when you do so. (I guess they color up to attract more prey.) So you decide: Outside+Feeding=Healthier Plants or Inside+Unusual Snacks=More Colorful Plants.
Anymal911 liked this
By Anymal911
Updated.
New plants: D. capensis 'Albino', D. binata; changed D. x beleziana to D. x eloisiana; S. minor seeds out of stratification and have germinated (check out their progress here); minor edits.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!