FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Benurmanii
I ordered a Drosera spiralis and a Drosera prolifera from Native Exotics on the 21st. Since I just missed the processing deadline, it didn't get shipped unil the 28th. The last update on USPS tracking was on the 29th, which said it arrived in the Rochester, NY, origin facility. Since there hasn't been any updates I'm assuming it has gotten lost (unless for some reason they take a long time to ship, even though it is 2-day priority. I live in Oregon, but I don't think that should make a difference). Since these aren't the most hardy of Drosera, I was wondering if any has had a similar experience, and if they ever recieved the package, how the planted faired.

It would be a real bummer to loose these guys, they were the last of each on Native Exotics.
By w03
D. prolifera is pretty tough, shouldn't have a big problem.
D. spiralis is a highland plant, so if it gets in really hot conditions it won't fare well - however, it's fall already so I doubt that will happen.

They'll probably be perfectly fine. Even if it takes a whole week in transit they should be alright.

Introduction: In today's modern society, individua[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!