FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By kirakira1
So I live in Oklahoma. Our weather is terrible and random as hell. One day it'll be 110 and the next will be 50 outside. We have long dry and hot periods during the summer. I want to grow some carnivorous plants outside, but I'm not sure which ones can handle our weather. I'm a little too worried about my plants to just toss one outside and see if it'll be okay. Does anyone here live in Oklahoma that has had any success with outdoor growing? Or somewhere with similar weather?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
By TS 1989
kirakira1 wrote:So I live in Oklahoma. Our weather is terrible and random as hell. One day it'll be 110 and the next will be 50 outside. We have long dry and hot periods during the summer. I want to grow some carnivorous plants outside, but I'm not sure which ones can handle our weather. I'm a little too worried about my plants to just toss one outside and see if it'll be okay. Does anyone here live in Oklahoma that has had any success with outdoor growing? Or somewhere with similar weather?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Start with Drosera capensis. Cheap and vigorous grower.

(though they never survive in my country because the temperature is constantly at 95F ~ 105F)
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!