FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By VenusFlyTrapLover
So its been raining these past two days, and one of my Flytraps has developed these black dots on two leaves, what is this, if any of you know? :o
By MichaelGuardian
Can you take pictures? Pictures will help a lot. But there could be black spots because the trap might of ate something too big, that makes the trap rot, usually starting as a black spot, then the dot grows bigger and rots the whole trap. It happens a lot to me, because my vfts are outside and there are bees and flies everywhere.
By VenusFlyTrapLover
Here is a picture. Some of the other leaves have the spots aswell, but its mainly the one in the middle. I think its because I watered the plants too much, leading to root damage, may that be the reason? Plus it just rained two days here in Fort Worth nonstop. .
Attachments:
20151025_151142.jpg
20151025_151142.jpg (696.6 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
VenusFlyTrapLover liked this
By VenusFlyTrapLover
I doubt my plants have pests, I check them daily but maybe I'm missing something. Only thing I see is tiny spiders around my Pitcher Plants, but I do not think they're affecting them, they just build their webs around the Pitchers and steal their food..
Does anyone else know what the problem may be with my Flytrap? It continues to let growth out, and I've stop watering it so much due to dormancy coming.
By xr280xr
I had the exact same thing happen. I put my indoor plants out in the rain we got last weekend to flush the soil. I left them out overnight and the next morning they looked very sad and had dark spots like that. Some of them had full leaves blackened. I think it was the cold front + winds that just shocked them. The spots didn't go away, but the plants perked up and look good. I'm guessing yours do too by now?

Edit: Actually, on the leaves that survived, the spots have mostly gone away. They initially looked just like yours. I'm surprised.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!