FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By jcal
I respond much faster through email so if you have any questions or want to purchase contact me at quisemeister@gmail.com

U. Pubescens $8
U. Quelchii $50
U. alpina $10
U. Reniformis $10

Cephalotus
Seeds 10 for $10
Squat -$70

Genlisea hispidula $10

D. graomogolensis -$15
D. Slackii - $15
D. adelae $8
D. schizandra $20

Shipping $6
PayPal only
USA only
jcal liked this
By iamjacksplants
Hey jcal,

Just noticed this recent post and realized I never thanked you on here for all the fantastic plants. Everything you've sent has been carefully packaged, arrived in great condition and is growing quite well. I couldn't be happier! Thanks a lot!

To anyone considering a first time purchase with jcal, let me assure you, you will not be disappointed.

So far I have gotten;
U. Alpina
U. Reniformis
Ginlisea
2 Cephalotus clones
2 Heliamphora minor
2 Drosera schizandra
Cephalotus "squat"
And a package of Cephalotus seeds.
Heliamphora minor + Cephalotus follicularis "squat"
Heliamphora minor + Cephalotus follicularis "squat"
IMG_20150930_1231491_rewind.jpg (665.13 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
The first Cephalotus I purchased from jcal arrived 9/16/15
The first Cephalotus I purchased from jcal arrived 9/16/15
IMG_20150916_1347111_rewind-42438718.jpg (492.14 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
10/03/15 jcal's Cephs alongside my first Cephalotus, a rhizome division from Alvin 415 (thank you BOTH) I give you, the Three Amigos!
10/03/15 jcal's Cephs alongside my first Cephalotus, a rhizome division from Alvin 415 (thank you BOTH) I give you, the Three Amigos!
IMG_20151003_0002550_rewind.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 3725 times
I don't have a single complaint. Except maybe needing more disposable income for more plants. :P

Hope this helps!

I'm savin up for the U. Quelchii next! 8-)

Cheers,
-@.
iamjacksplants liked this
By iamjacksplants
Anymal911 wrote:DO you still have any Ceph seeds available?
BTW, nice plants Adam.
Hehehe, yup! Thanks to jcal and Alvin 415!

Cheers,
-@.

p.s. YES, get some Ceph seeds, then we can compare germination notes before we begin! :)
By Anymal911
Alright... My collection has kinda slowed down, so I thought I might stock up for the winter, plus I can successfully grow highland Nepenthes, so why not. I'd love to compare notes! :lol:
By jcal
Thanks for your kind words!

And I do have seed available. Please email me!
jcal liked this
By iamjacksplants
Ahhhhhhh shucks! I was strongly considering getting the larger one as well, to match my small one of course. I'm getting to be like a Lady with shoes when it comes to these Cephs! :roll:

Hey, you got a picture of the U. Quelchii jcal? I've been eyeing that one for a while...

I don't who got the big squat, but enjoy!

Cheers,
-@.
By jcal
I'll take a pic for you tomorrow and email it to you.
jcal liked this
By iamjacksplants
Sounds great, looking forward to it. thanks!

Cheers,
-@.
By chevyguy8893
I completely agree with iamjacksplants review of jcal's plants. They are superb.

I just received my Cephalotus follicularis "squat" today, and it looks great. All I did was remove it from the pot it came in and place it in a taller pot (which also matches my others) without disturbance.

ImageNew Cephalotus follicularis "squat" by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageNew Cephalotus follicularis "squat" by Adam B., on Flickr

Also, since it pertains to the review, here is the Cephalotus follicularis 'Hummer's giant' that I received July 2, 2015 from jcal.

ImageCephalotus follicularis 'Hummer's giant' by Adam B., on Flickr

As it sits today.
ImageCephalotus follicularis 'Hummer's giant' by Adam B., on Flickr
chevyguy8893 liked this
By iamjacksplants
Fantastic! Thank you for the pictures Adam. Your posts always have very happy looking plants, skillfully captured by your camera.

Also, you're always very thorough in your posts and I've learned quite a bit from you, so thanks for that.

Have you seen this climate report for the Albany coast? Goes all the way back to 1877 (also the same year the very first labor unions were formed in the u.s.). The daily humidity values and temps at 9am and 3pm are fascinating. I think ALSO, there is ample evidence in the statistics as to why Cephs grow larger, but stay green in "shade" conditions and color up heavily, but slow down a bit in full sun. The average monthly days of full sunshine rarely exceeds 4-5 days! Even in summer, which it is closing in on for them presently.

Enjoy!
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/ ... 9500.shtml

Happy growing!
-@.

Oh! And congratulations on your beautiful new acquisition! 8-)
By chevyguy8893
I had not seen the climate report for Albany. They are certainly in cooler daytime temperatures there than I originally thought. It seems I need to read some more resources on them again to see what more can be learned :). Thank you for sharing that!
chevyguy8893 liked this
By iamjacksplants
Absolutely no problem at all! Glad it was some fresh information. I'm still reading and finding out all sorts of stuff. It's kind of overwhelming at times as some things conflict with other information, but YEAH, great plant and there's tons to learn. Maybe we should start a Cephalotus follicularis cultivation resource thread?

Cheers,
-@.
By katya_dog1
iamjacksplants wrote: It's kind of overwhelming at times as some things conflict with other information, but YEAH, great plant and there's tons to learn. Maybe we should start a Cephalotus follicularis cultivation resource thread?

Cheers,
-@.
I agree. There's a cultivation resource thread on TF, but I find much of the information confusing, not mention the fact that several of the links are dead. Also, things like "never top water your Cephalotus" are very confusing, because I have been pouring water on my Cephalotus and no harm done yet so.... Maybe they get less hardy as they get older? I've found them to be tough little buggers, at least so far. I was under the impression that I was going to be babying the plant I've got, but not so. I think that many newbies are scared off by the so called cultivation "challenges" of Cephalotus (I certainly was) and that SHOULD NOT be the way it is. At least, in my opinion. I think that Cephalotus are like VFTs: They have a specific, but small set of requirements that are absolute, and once those are met they can survive World War III.

I say we start a thread now, and post our own experiences and links/topics that we each found helpful. If you'd like to contribute, I'd be happy to go ahead and start a thread to keep up with all of our experiences, and to hold the links.

And Jcal, sorry for hijacking your thread... I'll take this elsewhere after this. :)
katya_dog1 liked this

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

Is the pot draining? What water are you using? Wha[…]

What on earth is this?

Looks a lot like springtails to me. Other possibil[…]

What’s happening

Ok so I went looking again today and noticed a sid[…]

All three of those are available in the seed bank[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!