FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Laizura
I right now have a regular drosera capensis and I am worried about keeping it inside in the winter time.
Can anyone give me tips on how to get the humidity high around it without the use of a greenhouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Tarzanus
I agree. As long as it gets enough light, it will be more than happy even in dry air. It's able to replace the lost water fast with it's root system, the only thing is, it will need more water and light than in cooler more humid environment.

I was pampering my D. capensis seedlings, covering and protecting them during dry weather, placing them in more shaded area when it got really hot,... They looked unhappy. When I stopped worrying, they restarted and grew into healthy carnivores.

I just brought my seedlings (sow them last winter) inside as well. Nights are getting colder and I'm afraid they will go into dormancy if I keep them outside for a while longer.
You can keep humidity higher by covering it with transparent plastic dome. I have a small mini greenhouse bought to start seedlings inside. It's not tall enough for my flowering plants, but would be OK if they would look sickly and if they actually needed more humid environment, while healthy, they should be OK.
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!