FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
I see pics of people's flytrap seedlings at so many months and I think what am I doing wrong? I don't keep them wet, they are in good draining medium, they are under lights or outside, etc. It seems like they just don't wanna grow for me :(

So, what's the secret?? :?: :? :?: :?
By hollyhock
How old are they? Are you able to feed them? After I fed a few traps on each plant, that's when mine really started growing.. I won't say it's easy to get that little bloodworm "meatball" in the trap, but that is one way to get them to grow faster..
By Mufasa
they dont grow very fast, in my experience, they only start growing really nicely after first dormancy
By Earthy
hollyhock wrote:How old are they? Are you able to feed them? After I fed a few traps on each plant, that's when mine really started growing.. I won't say it's easy to get that little bloodworm "meatball" in the trap, but that is one way to get them to grow faster..
I have fed them in the past, and they did grow, but it just seems that they aren't as big as some others' I've seen at like the 7 month mark, etc. just not sure what I'm doing wrong lol...so, I've started "painting" them within the past couple of days with diluted MaxSea on the leaves; it worked with some of my big flytraps to get them extra food while being delayed on breaking dormancy due to my dormancy mess-up :-/
By hollyhock
That will probably help too...I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I just thought about a few things. I have some babies that are huge and some that are tiny.. I think that some just are more vigorous growers, and also not all of my seeds germinated on the same day.. So while I think that they are ALL 6 months old they really are various ages...make sense? :D
hollyhock liked this
By katya_dog1
Four things: Soil, water, light, food. That's all I do, and mine are doing great. I'll scrounge up a few pictures and give you my general conditions, if you'd like.
Last edited by katya_dog1 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mufasa
all you need is a sterile environment, a little table sugar, some agar, and vitamins, and they will grow like crazy, trust me xD.
By dutchplantlover
katya_dog1 wrote:Three things: Soil, water, light, food. That's all I do, and mine are doing great. I'll scrounge up a few pictures and give you my general conditions, if you'd like.
I think thats fourImage

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
By katya_dog1
Oops. I suppose I was initially thinking soil, water, and light, but....

It's fixed now. :)

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!