FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
last week I had ordered a P. Esseriana and 2 bags of their all-mineral mexican ping mix. I received it today, and omgosh it's so pretty and healthy and cute (it's the size of a quarter)!!! here's a pic of it all potted up in the mix (you can see a leaf that broke off from underneath at the bottom of the pic; I figured I'd see if it strikes lol):

I'm really liking the all-mineral mix too; so I went ahead and repotted my Sethos into it too (now I can reuse my perlite lol)...overall I am happy with my order. the only exception would be that the LFS it was in wasn't very damp; I shudder to think what condition it would have been in if it had been delayed at all. the LFS was almost dry :-/
Earthy liked this
By Earthy
ikr? that's what I said when I found it in the LFS lol...I say found because it was so small and dainty it kinda was lost in there :lol:
By katya_dog1
If there was only one Pinguicula I could (try) to grow, it would be Esseriana.

Beautiful plant!
By Earthy
I posted an updated pic in the ping forum! She's starting to get in the winter leaves :D
By Bob Beer
I'll second the thumbs-up for Cascade Carnivores. I ordered P. cyclosecta, laueana and agnata "scented flower." The laueana was quite large, the cyclosecta was a clump of three, also blooming size. The agnata seemed to have had a problem with the stress and browned rapidly; I let Ron know and he immediately replaced it. More recently I ordered P. Moranensis "Vera Paz" and P. "Köhres"; both plants were in excellent condition and were blooming when they arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!